2004 BMW 330 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 330:

2004 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Apr 122011

330 6-cyl

An almost fatal crash. Car was backed up from garage in the morning into the street, put in D position but there were no power to the wheels for approximately 5 to 10 seconds. Car approaching from behind on the street needed to swerve to avoid rear ending my car. This problem happens continuously when the car is cold (sitting for more than 8 hours). There is a delay of about 10 seconds for power to engage in D position. According to online customer complaints and BMW dealer, this critical safety issue is related to a software issue in the transmission. A software upgrade fixes the problem but when approaching BMW for this critical safety issue, they refuse to provide the software upgrade for free and the dealer wants to charge $360 to update the transmission software.

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Feb 162012

330 6-cyl

My vehicle is a BMW 325, 2004 and I have had issues with my reverse. When I place my car in reverse, it does not move. I have read of several issues pertaining to this problem in BMW vehicles from 2000 - 2005. Moreover, I understand that there was a class action law suit that was settled in NJ. I would like to understand if the NHTSA is pursuing and investigation into this matter.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Oct 262011

My car will not shift into gear on my 04 BMW 330ci smg transmission.

- Old Bridge, NJ, USA