2.0

2006 BMW 330 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 292016

330

Front passenger seat caught fire and burnt a hole from bottom up, took to the mechanic and he said it was from the airbag sensor that caught it fire, I was getting hair done AT6 pm in evening, came out I hour later and smelt fire, looked and there was hole in seat, turned on air and rolled down windows, waived a magazine over it and made sure it was out. Drove home about 10 minutes away and air bag light came on. Tried to call BMW they were closed, went to my mechanic next morning he told me it was faulty to call BMW, I called BMW plaza and they told me tough they wouldnt do anything. I hated the hole so went to autozone to get something to repair it which made it look worse...been looking on line for seats very expensive. My boss told me as well that should be directed to attorney general which I messaged from Missouri and us attorney general. This could of been worse, if I would of been longer arriving to my car it could of caught fire possibly or even worse my daughter could of been there and burnt. If this would of been winter with the heated seat on she could of been severely burnt, maybe dead. This should of never happened.

- Ofallon, MO, USA

Jun 182008

330

Faulty front passenger seat sensor mat always breaks

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 012014

330

Passenger seat airbags are disabled due to restraint detection malfunction. A message appears upon turning on the vehicle which states that due to restraint system detection fault, passenger airbags and restraint system will be turned off. Problem started as an intermittent issue and developed into a continual one. Happened for the first time in April 2014 and has continued to worsen. Car is equipped with BMW oem sport seats. This issue appears to be in line with recall from NHTSA campaign number 13V-564. However, BMW does not recognize my VIN as being a part of this recall.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jul 122014

330

On 7/12/14 the airbag came on for the front passenger seat and turn off the airbag safety for this seat and really believed it's a problem withe mat airbag sensor in that seat but I didn't receive any recall letters from you my car still with this problem that put my family on risk if I have an accident.

- Vista, CA, USA

Aug 012014

330

The airbag and seatbelt lights came on my car when a passenger was in the front seat and we went over a dip in the road.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 302014

330 6-cyl

Passenger side airbags are deactivated. I am receiving through the idrive computer the following message "system restraint malfunction", also the passenger air bag light is always on the instruments cluster. I found out that there are several complaints, and an existing recall about this same issue but I was told at my BMW dealer that my VIN number was not included. I am having the same exact issue that others have complained about and it is a serious safety issue that BMW should address accordingly. Once again, even though my vehicle make, model and year follow the criteria of the existing recall, my VIN number was not included.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jun 042014

330 6-cyl

Air bag and seat belt warning lights on dash remain lit at all times. Additionally, the "passenger airbag disabled" indicator remains lit at all times. There is a recall campaign (see below) for the passenger seat sensor mat issue which caused these problems, yet apparently not for my VIN. The disabled passenger seat airbag is a major safety issue, and clearly my VIN should be part of the recall. Statement on voluntary recall involving front passenger seat sensor mat on U.S.a. model bmws - August 13, 2008 today, BMW announced a voluntary recall regarding the front passenger air bag seat sensor mat involving approximately 200,000 model year 2004-06 vehicles. Affected are certain model year 2006 3-series, model year 2004-06 5-series, and model year 2004-06 X3 vehicles, depending upon seat type. BMW has found that the sensor mat may become damaged during vehicle usage depending upon the manner and frequency of the front passenger's entry and exit.

- Cortez, CO, USA

Nov 132013

330 6-cyl

I received a recall notice from BMW in January 2014 (recall campaign number 13V-564: Front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat). The recall notice states that in the current condition, the vehicle is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. The recall notice states that the parts needed to perform the repair are scheduled to be available in March 2014. It is now May 6, 2014 and BMW customer relations has indicated that the parts are still not available and they are unable to provide an estimate on when they will be. It has now been nearly 5 months since receiving the original recall notice. During this time I essentially have a vehicle that is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. BMW does not appear to be taking this issue seriously and providing a prompt resolution to this problem. I have placed repeated calls into BMW customer relations and continue to be informed that nothing can be done until the required parts are made available. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

- Woodinville, WA, USA

Jul 012013

330 6-cyl

Vehicle airbag warning and passenger seatbelt warning lamp are displayed simultaneously with passenger "airbag off" lamp illuminated. As a result, front passenger side airbag is disabled in case of a crash. BMW has issued a partial recall on other models (NHTSA campaign 13V-564) citing a defect with regards to the seat occupancy sensor mat but will not honor a recall on this particular vehicle, which is clearly affected by the issue. Without repair a crash may very well result in undue physical harm to a passenger.

- Summit, NJ, USA

Feb 222012

330 6-cyl

My airbag warning light illuminated indicating that my passenger airbag system was offline. I brought it into my mechanic and they informed me that my passenger side airbag sensor mat and possibly my passenger seat belt sensor had failed. They informed me that the cost to repair would be approximately $700-$800 dollars. I recently received a notification that my vehicle may be subject to a recall for this issue NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000. When I contacted my dealership and bmwna they informed me that they would not repair my vehicle until required to do so even though my airbag system has already failed and it is showing as offline. I'm registering this complaint to document that they are not actively resolving this issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 122013

330 6-cyl

I found vehicle recall via internet and consumer reports. I took my car to BMW of fairfax and explained that my BMW 330I 2006 had a defective front seat air bag sensor with dashboard warning light. After they examined the sensor they confirmed that I needed to replace the airbag sensor but that my vehicle was not affected by the recall. I was charged $150 dollars for the diagnosis and told that to repair the defect would cost $ 1200.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Jan 302014

330 6-cyl

My passenger side airbag light and seatbelt light stay on. I own a 2006 BMW 330I sport. I have found numerous notices that the front seat occupant protection mat fails for my make/model with the same symptoms that I am receiving. I have contacted BMW 3 times over the past year with each new addendum and they have told me each time my car doesn't apply. I shouldn't have to pay over $1000 for a recalled item and need this fixed in case any accident does occur needing this part to be effective.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jul 312013

330 6-cyl

The NHTSA has issued multiple recalls for the airbag sensor mat problem in BMW cars however my car continues to be excluded from the recall population despite meeting the descriptions included in the NHTSA recall notices.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Jan 012011

330 6-cyl

Passenger side air bag error consistent with front passenger seat pressure mat recall notice. BMW online recall check revealed that this vehicle identification number was not included in the recall either. BMW refused to replace and will not tell me if the air bag will or will not deploy in an accident.

- Post Falls, ID, USA

Aug 142013

330 6-cyl

Passenger side air bag error consistent with front passenger seat pressure mat recall notice. BMW online recall check revealed that this vehicle identification number was not included in the recall.

- Glenview, IL, USA

Aug 022013

330 6-cyl

When my car reached ~75,000 miles, the passenger restraint system malfunction notification started to appear on the center console. The message seems to convey that the airbags will not deploy in an accident. After speaking with BMW and finding out that my car falls under the recall for this exact situation. BMW refused to fix it and states that my VIN is not listed under the recall, even though the recall states that it affects 2006 3-series with sport seats (which is exactly what I have).

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 222013

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jun 062012

330 6-cyl

After ~50,00 miles the passenger restraint system malfunction notification started to appear on the center console. The message continued to appear randomly, and now at ~70,000 miles, the message is permanently on. The message seems to convey that the airbags will not deploy in an accident. BMW has refused to fix the issue.

- San Martin, CA, USA

Apr 272013

330 6-cyl

Passenger sat in the front passenger seat. Warning light appeared on dashboard indicating the airbag has been turned off. This issue is similar to NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000. However, although same model and year, my vehicle is not covered under this campaign.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Jun 032013

330 6-cyl

My vehicle has an airbag/seatbelt light eliminated on the dash. BMW has diagnosed it as a failed passenger seat mat sensor. 2006 330I sports seats were recalled for this item in 2008. My vehicle which has sports seats was never called for the recall. The manufacturer has also extended warranty for 10 years on all 3 series models with out the sports seat option for this sensor, but for some reason they will not service my vehicle as warranty or recall work. I have talked to two separate dealerships and BMW directly. They said my only option would be to file a complaint and that the government would have to warrant a recall on this vehicle and combination of options. This does not make any sense! this is a safety concern, as of right now the vehicles airbag system on the passenger side will not function if in an accident.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA