2006 BMW 330 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Aug 112013

330 6-cyl

I was driving my vehicle on the highway in the left lane, trying to pass a car in the middle lane. After getting in front of the car in the middle lane, I tried to accelerate so I could re-enter the middle lane, but the car acted as if it slipped into neutral and would not accelerate. The engine growled as if it were in neutral. It kept driving, but would not accelerate, despite me stepping harder on the gas. This was potentially dangerous as there was a car immediately behind me, which could have rear ended me at over 60mph, and the car in the middle lane that I was trying to pass could have also hit me on the passenger side of my car. In researching this, many BMW owners have been complaining about this, and yet BMW has not issued an investigation or recall: there are 650 complaints regarding this problem at the above link. People should not be having transmission problems like this under 75K miles.

- New York, NY, USA