2007 BMW 335 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 335:

2007 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Nov 152012

Front passenger seat occupant detection mat. My 2007 BMW 328xi airbag light came on so I took it to the dealer and they told me there was a recall on my model car from 2006 up, but that my VIN# is not part of that recall even though all symptom and issue was the same. I think this should be included as the sensor mat is the same issue as noted in this recall us NHTSA campaign id:13V564000

- Perry, NY, USA

Mar 032015

Airbag problem light constantly lit; "passenger airbag off" light always on even when there is a passenger in the seat. Mechanic states that the car is giving a code for a failed passenger occupancy sensor. There is already a recall for this model and year (NHTSA campaign 13V564000), but my car (build date July 07, 3-series with sports seats) is not eligible for the recall or the voluntary warranty extension according to BMW.

- Denton, TX, USA

Jun 102015

The front seat occupant protection mat in the 2007 BMW 328xi is displayed on my dash instrumentation for over a the event of a crash the front passenger air bag could be deactivated resulting in personal injury. I looked up the recalls on this vehicle and it indicated that the model was recalled. I called BMW customer relations to inquire about the recall and the representative informed me that my vehicle VIN number was not part of the recall. I understand that numerous BMW owners have made a similar complaint about their vehicle and recalls are usually initiated in this manner. Regardless of the production time that my vehicle was made, my vehicle has the same defect as the other vehicles and should be replaced by BMW.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Dec 162013

335 6-cyl

On a very cold day, I got into my car, and turned on the seat heater on the drivers side of my X3. I smelled something burning and the side of my waist felt hot as if I was on fire. I realized that it must be the seat heater so I immediately turned it off. I stopped my car, got out and noticed my coat had been burnt. I noticed a burned hole on the side of my seat, in which was the cause of my coat catching fire.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Nov 152013

I own a BMW 3 series 2007 that I purchased 3 years ago with a dealer. Six weeks ago a dash board light came on with a message "pass restraint system malfunction". a detailed message says "fault in passenger-restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Continue to wear the safety belt. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center". I have searched this online and it seems BMW 3 and 5 series cards manufactured in 2003 - 2008 have this issue. It is a safety related issue that BMW should recall and fix immediately.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA