2.3

2008 BMW 335 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 335:

2008 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Mar 102016

335

The vehicle started making a loud knocking sound while driving on the highway at approximately 65 mph. (video was taken) the oil pressure dropped, a battery indicator light flashed, the power steering went out, and the vehicle lost speed. I almost wreaked. I checked my steering wheel fluid and it was brown, an indication to me the power steering pump went out. A belt also snapped. I purchased an extended warranty that BMW is telling me does not cover the A/C compressor. I am being told that in order for BMW of fresno to make a proper assessment of the steering issue I first have to replace the A/C compressor at $2535.34. As a fleet manager, I know my chain is being yanked.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Jun 012015

335

The engine malfunction "reduced power " message keeps coming on and off, low engine oil message keeps coming on even though its good on oil, the steering wheel was hard to turn while I was driving causing me to have to pull over and turn the car off and back on and the steering was ok after that. It's currently being looked at my the dealer where I purchased it only 3 months ago.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 072015

335

I just got belt replaced. About two weeks later the belt pops. The car lost power steering and then would not start. I've researched online N saw that its a design flaw in the 07- 08 335I's but BMW is refusing a recall. Imagine if I was on the highway N it happened. Its terrible.

- Claymont , DE, USA

Jan 222015

335 6-cyl

An oil leak from the top mounted oil filter housing spilled onto the rubber accessory belt causing it to overheat and disintegrate. The result was a total loss of all powers, most importantly the loss of electrical charging and power steering. This occurred at high speed while I was driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike. The loss of power steering created a situation where the auto was nearly impossible to steer. The loss of the charging system, alternator not charging, caused an eventual complete shutdown of power and shutdown of the engine leaving me on the side of a highway. This was an expensive repair, but fortunately I was able to avoid a collision. This occurred at only a 65,000 mile odometer reading.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jan 222013

335 6-cyl

Affected steering, failing front control arm bushing.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA