2009 BMW 335 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 335:

2009 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Aug 262009

My 2009 BMW 335I has a significant lag-time between when the gas pedal is depressed and when the car starts to accelerate. This is most noticeable when the car is at a dead stop. When I press the gas pedal, it takes about one full second before it lunges forward suddenly. This is a consistent problem which I can replicate every time I press on the gas pedal from a dead stop. This is very scary and dangerous, especially when I am trying to make a left turn, or when I am trying to avoid an accident. I have no control over how quickly my car responds to the gas pedal. I have noticed this since I purchased my car in August 2009. My BMW dealership and another BMW dealership told me that this is normal. I highly doubt that this is normal. This is clearly abnormal to me. Several bulletin boards on the internet also report the same problem.

- Downey, CA, USA