2011 BMW 335 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 335:

2011 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Feb 052016

335

Takata recall. Recalled February 2016, and still no repair available.

- Ross, CA, USA

May 162016

335

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 BMW 335. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The interim recall notification did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Rafael, CA, USA

Mar 312016

335

The contact owns a 2011 BMW 335. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Oct 102016

335

NHTSA recall number: 16V071 recall date: February 5, 2016 driver's front air bag: During air bag deployment in an accident, the driver's front air bag module may produce excessive internal pressure that could cause the inflator to rupture. Complaint: It has now been 8 months and BMW still cannot tell me when the parts will come in. Here is what customerrelations@bmwusa.com said in an email I received today: "at this time, we are not able to provide you with a timeframe as to when parts may become available." Is this acceptable? art rose.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Aug 012016

335

Passenger restraint system malfunction - notice started popping up at random now is on all the time without a passenger. Have been told there is no recall, but the same issue has been identified on all BMW sports seats from years 2006 and 2008, noticing complaints of the same issue for 2012 issues posted online as well. Previous issue was for a cracked sensor in the seat. Not happy that BMW has had this issue and will not review possible reoccurrence in newer models then 2008.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Sep 132016

335

I received the recall notice 16V-071 in March 2016, and just checked with BMW and they still do not have the replacement parts. It is now Sept 2016. Six months does not seem like a "reasonable period of time" to wait to fix a defective item that could fail "resulting in metal fragments striking the driver or other passengers potentially resulting in serious injury or death."

- San Carlos, CA, USA

Feb 052016

335

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 BMW 335I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 132016

335

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 BMW 335I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Stony Brook, NY, USA

Jun 232016

335

Takata recall-recall campaign no. 16V-071: Driver's front air bag module I was recently sold a vehicle that has this recalled part and was not made aware of the recall until the day I went to pick up my vehicle. I was then told I couldnt take the car home and also I was not provided a loaner vehicle which by what I read on the BMW usa website should have been made available to me. Also after doing research I found out that this vehicle should not even have been made available for sale.

- Uniondale, NY, USA

Mar 012016

335

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 BMW 335I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags), but the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 142014

335 6-cyl

Another vehicle took a hard illegal right from the left hand lane as I was going through an intersection. I was forced to hit the other vehicle and bounced off and hit head-on into a texaco sign. The air back barely deployed out of the steering wheel and the plastic, etc. Hit me in the face and broke my orbit bone and cheek bone. I had facial reconstructive surgery to repair my eye floor and cheek bone with titanium. I just survived stage 4 throat cancer this year and my jaws are now irreplaceable from radiation. On one side of my face I did have some level of trauma to my jaw bone but did not break it. However I do worry long term effect on the health of my jaw. The BMW was totaled...updated 11/19/14 updated 8/12/2015

- Hockley, TX, USA