2009 BMW 335d seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 335d:

2009 BMW 335d Owner Comments

Mar 012016

335d

Takata recall. I live in a high humidity area 5 miles from the gulf of Mexico in North West Florida. Because of the high humidity I feel I am at high risk of a takata airbag rupture. In March of 2016 I received my initial letter from BMW usa informing me of the potential dangerous takata airbag module in my 2009 BMW 328I. I am requesting immediate replacement of the takata airbag module in my car.

- Shalimar, FL, USA

Feb 052016

335d

Recall on February 5, 2016, BMW has failed to replace the airbag in almost nine months! what good is a possible death recall if the manufacturer does not replace the airbag?

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Oct 102016

335d

Spoke to BMW today they are now talking about the parts not coming in until 2017. They have no idea what month so I could still be over a year away from resolving this. I cant even sell the car or trade it in because they cant resale it without correcting the recall. Acura was paying for a loaner car until the recall was corrected I guess BMW feels its owners are more expendable??

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Sep 192016

335d

Takata recall: My local dealer still says they do not have the parts to service my car. I was notified last winter that my car was unsafe, and I still do not have the airbag fixed. I checked the recall site and it says interim parts are available but the dealer will not install them! when will this be complete. Am I driving a time bomb?

- Nicasio, CA, USA

Aug 112015

335d

Coupe of time the vehicle lost power as the result SRS & airbag light now stay on.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Jul 062015

335d

I turned on my vehicle one day and a message saying "passenger restraint system malfunction. Continue to wear seatbelt. Bring to local BMW dealership." The day before nothing happen as I was driving home from dallas to houston. Occasionally as I drive with someone sitting in the passenger seat, the warning goes away but then the chime goes off and the message reappears. This happen all in June, July, and August. Now even when no one is sitting on the passenger side, the warning comes on and stays on. The seatbelt as well seems to have no restraint and is a safety concern because if I was ever in an accident, the seatbelt won't hold the passenger back.

- Palacios, TX, USA

Apr 302015

335d

The car was stored outside in extreme heat during the month of April - 90+ degrees for over 3 weeks. (in Florida) air bag sensor and seat belt sensor on passenger side, incorrectly alerting, when someone or no one was in the seat. Now the sensor is on all the time. Also the fan which cools the engine was extremely loud and on every morning when car was started.

- Natick, MA, USA

Aug 072013

335d

None of the airbags deployed in our car accident. We were at a stand still, or moving very slowly and another car hit us in the rear driver side panel near the tire, at high impact.

- Johnston, RI, USA