9.1

2014 BMW 428 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW 428:

2014 BMW 428 Owner Comments

Apr 042014

428 4-cyl

I was at a stop waiting to enter freeway, had my foot on the break pedal and my 428I started accelerating on its own. I was very scared since it would not stop and nearly rammed into the vehicle in front of me. I started honking so vehicle in front would move forward. I put emergency break (hand break) and car on park. Smoke was coming out of the sides of the vehicle. I'm so blessed to have been at a stop and not on freeway at time this happened. I did contact sos and vehicle was towed back to dealership where purchase was made. No update yet; service department is waiting on instructions from BMW. Major safety concern; manufacturer defect which puts many drivers and passengers at risk of an auto collision, injury, and death.

- Hacienda Heights , CA, USA