6.9

2014 BMW 435 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW 435:

2014 BMW 435 Owner Comments

Jan 202015

435

On two occasions, January 2015 and May 2015 my 435I stopped while I was driving without any warning whatsoever. The first time I was crossing a very busy 3 lane northbound road to get to the left turn lane when without any warning the car just stopped. They was no engine light on dash. I was lucky that I was not hit as I didn't even have the opportunity to brake, to indicate to drivers behind me that I was slowing down. The lights, chassis stabilization and drivetrain malfunction came on the dash. Two pretty serious problems without any prior warning, a police officer got the car started and I was able to drive about another mile before again it just stopped. Warnings about the fuel injection and engine overheat came on in addition to drivetrain and chassis stabilization. The car was towed to the local BMW dealer whosaid they needed to reprogram the computer. After this I drove the car for another 3 months and 2,000 miles when it happen again. I boarded a car ferry after driving 100 miles on a major highway. When I stated the car todisembark, it shut down and all 4 warnings all came up at once. I got it started and got off the ferry when it shut down again. All I could think of was how lucky I was it didn't happen while was during at 65mph on the highway. Again towed to BMW who told me again the computer needed to be reprogrammed and a fan changed. I don't believe them. There are recalls on cars with the same problems for faulty plating on the fuel pump. I do not feel safe driving this car. I am afraid of it stopping not only on a major highway but any roadway and being hit from behind as there is no braking to indicate to drivers behind you that you are stopping. Once it shuts down you can't start it. So you are stuck wherever you are. A very dangerous situation.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Jun 172015

435

The contact owns a 2014 BMW 435I. While driving 15 mph over a puddle of water, the water seeped into the engine and caused it to stall. There were no warning lights illuminated prior to the failure. The vehicle did not restart, but was not towed because the vehicle could not be shifted out of park. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Austin, TX, USA