2003 BMW 525 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 BMW 525:

2003 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Jun 092009

2003 BMW 525I 11 months ago brought in due to water and mold in rear floor dealer found mold, door panels crumbling from water and claimed needed to replace vapor barriers. Wanted to charge me $4,000 or so I fought and BMW furnished parts I paid labor over $1200 when asked they claim never saw problem in past, and was due to poor adhesive on vapor barriers, now 2 weeks ago same problem. My wife has been having medical problems as well as I and they are due to toxic mold syndrome. Dealer refuses to admit this is a major problem thru all model and years which I have researched and confirmed they demanded the loaner car back and now the rental car, they want my vehicle off their lot obviously, I simply wanted a written confirmation that their is no mold and they refuse, an investigator from BMW was there and head office claims his report will not reach them for 2 weeks... I now have lung issues as does my wife along with 8 syptoms documented since 2005 from physicians confirming toxic mold exposure and syndrome. The dealer and BMW refuse to admit and responsiblitiy or knowledge of this problem however looking on internet it is widespread, not even an apology. I have contact the epa and media to expose there total lack of ethics, honest and concern for the health of consumers.

- Smithtown, NY, USA