1.8

2006 BMW 525 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 525:

2006 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Jan 082014

525

Bought from manager at BMW service department w/89,920 on 10/25/13. 2 overheated broke down on 11/29/13 on January 7 rarely park in driveway, pull up on driveway with an incline at my home. Car was placed in park but sorta did not catch gear right, felt a rollback so I engaged my E-brake. Did not want to release key, so I get stuff at house and resumed inspection of vehicle, car did not start. So I attempted to remove out of park, to no avail, then after off and on attempts it changed gears. Screen said gear change without brake possible. Took it in they said had to replace guide plate and solenoid for $1250 I have 4 kids and a wife I love, we are always in vehicle, I feel my families safety is violated for being exposed to a potential dangerous episode. Did research parking pawl guide plate has recall. Exact to my problem dealership acknowledges it but claims that my car ain't because recalls on V8 models. Only had car for short time frame. Feel scammed, paid 14600 w/ taxes from bank loan and now I'm stuck with a lemon! help!!??

- Washington, DC, USA