2006 BMW 525 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 525:

2006 BMW 525 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Jan 102013

525 6-cyl

There is a recall on this vehicle for the passenger restraint system. NHTSA action number: EA08001 the dealers are refusing to fix the problem at no costs to me and BMW North America says there is no recall on my vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 272012

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated that he started the vehicle and the passenger air bag warning light illuminated. The contact stated that he did not take the vehicle to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Mary Esther, FL, USA

Nov 022012

525 6-cyl

The passenger side occupancy seat mat for the airbag failed. BMW has bulletin sib 65 75 06, airbag warning lamp for OC3 seat mat fault, that covers my cars build date, but BMW states my VIN is not covered. There is also a current recall, NHTSA campaign number: 08V-384, but BMW states my car is not covered and refuses to honor the 10 year extended warranty. My car is experiencing this same issue, as diagnosed by a local BMW dealers, but they have failed to cover it. This is a major safety issue that is affecting many cars outside of the recall. They are many people posting on various BMW forums that are experiencing the same issue. BMW should be held accountable to fix all the vehicles experiencing this problem.

- Carmel, CA, USA

Oct 202010

525 6-cyl

While driving, the passenger airbag warning light was on, and the airbag was disabled, although there is passenger sitting there.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 012012

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated that while parked the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagositic testing. The mechanic stated the air bag sensor would have to be replaced. The mechanic stated there was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal) that may be related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 112012

525

Restraint system failure, the airbags on my passanger seat will not go off in case of a crash.this is a BMW factory issue.w

- Palos Verdes Estates, CA, USA

Apr 022012

525 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated while driving, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed he needed a new sensor in the passenger seat. The contact was informed of the recall for NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 ( air bags:frontal) but his VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 110,000. Updated 11/28/12 updated 12/03/12

- Palos Verdes Estates, CA, USA

Feb 012012

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contacrt referenced NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags:frontal); however the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 35,000. The current mileage was 38,000.

- Downey, CA, USA

Jul 092012

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated that the passenger air bag off lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a personal mechanic for diagnosis where the mechanic informed the contact of NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal ). the dealer and manufacturer were notified but offered no assistance and advised that the vehicle was not included in the recall. The failure and current mileages were 75,500.

- Glen Ellyn, IL, USA

May 012012

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525. The contact stated that the front passenger restrain system belt tensioner and air bag warning lights remained illuminated. The manufacturer advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags: Frontal) and denied assistance with the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 71,800 and the current mileage was 72,300.

- Mansfield , TX, USA

Mar 202012

525 6-cyl

The airbag warning lamp comes on periodically. There was a recall, but it only covered to November 22 of 2005 production and my car was produced in December of 2005.

- Sauk Rapids, MN, USA

Nov 012011

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525xi. The contact stated there was a crack in the front driver side seat cushion and the crack caused the air bag warning light to illuminate. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was contacted and confirmed to the contact that the VIN failed to qualify for a repairs under NHTSA campaign id number:08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The failure and the current mileage was 101,000.

- Newton, NJ, USA

Dec 062011

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer and manufacturer made the contact aware of the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal), but the VIN was not included. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 100,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Lake Elsonore, CA, USA

Dec 072011

525 6-cyl

Airbag light came on dash and seat belt, when I slammed on my brakes when a dog ran in front of me while driving.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 292011

525 6-cyl

Restraint system fault in passenger-restraint system. BMW has recalled the cars with same year and model for similar problems. But my VIN is not recalled. I just called BMW but they don't want to fix it. I wish BMW acts more actively on safety issues.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Apr 012010

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530I. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the passenger seat sensor was defective and need to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in the recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (component: Air bags:frontal). The VIN was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 91,000.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Oct 252011

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated that the air bag deployed without warning while the vehicle was in motion. The vehicle lost power and eventually stalled. The driver was injured as a result of the air bag deployment. The dealer diagnosed that there was a prior improper repair performed on the vehicle that contributed to the failure, but the contact stated that the prior repair was not related to the air bag. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but the vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 54,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 032011

525 6-cyl

I got a warning light on my display panel pass. Restraint system fault in passenger-restraint system affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Continue to wear the seat belt. Although BMW has recalled car same year and model for similar problems, my VIN is not recalled.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Sep 292011

525 6-cyl

On my BMW 2006 530I, the passenger airbag warning light indicating a restraint failure. I saw a recall on the NHTSA web site (campaign id 08V384000) covering the 2004- 2006 model year BMW 5 series with this exact problem. My vehicle was built in May 2005. I contacted BMW usa to report the safety failure. BMW said it was not covered and has refused to offer any assistance. I asked them to explain why if my vehicle, is in the middle model years and experiencing the same problem, why the recall does not apply. Their reply, BMW will not honor the recall, it's my problem. This is a safety issue that could cause injury or death. Please review this campaign id and expand or issue a new recall. BMW would not help me in this matter. Thank you for reviewing this safety concern,

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Jul 042011

525

Passenger restraint system fault light has started showing on my BMW, there has been a recall reported on the same component "statement on voluntary recall involving front passenger seat sensor mat on U.S.a. model bmws - August 13, 2008". I have the same problem but my VIN is not showing up in the recall. I took the car to dealer and dealer says its exactly the same part but I am not covered under recall warranty.

- Cary, NC, USA