2007 BMW 525 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 525:

2007 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Dec 152010

I was driving through a canyon area, and water spilled out of my ice chest into the trunk bay, where the spare tire is stored. Apparently the entire cars computer and wiring is underneath the spare tire. The water fried my tire pressure monitor module, which caused the computer to restart. When it restarted, the car showed a car computer failure. The car has safety features such as stability control, and many other safety modules connected to the computer. The cars computer, inside lights, gauges, and all my systems completely restarted every 30-45 seconds, causing the car to be a dangerous toy. I had to drive down the mountain without any safety features on my car turned on, which made it hard to control. It was very unstable driving, all because of a tire pressure monitor module going out. I spent over $55K on this vehicle, I don't think getting a small amount of water in my trunk would cause so much damage. The module cost me $1,800 to replace, as well as a $600 upcharge to move the computer to the side of the trunk, and $560 for the wiring harness. $2,960 in damage from water spilling in my wheel well. Give me a break BMW!

- La Habra, CA, USA