1. replaced hoses to separator with insulated hoses (1 reports)
2000 BMW 528 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 BMW 528:

2000 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Jan 192009

528 i

My car sat outdoors in Michigan for three days, it never moved. The temperature ranged from 12 degrees to zero during those days. When I got into the car, it smelled like gasoline inside the car. I drove two miles and the car completely filled up with smoke. Called a dealership, and the said have it towed in on a flatbed truck. It took three days to repair---I live on the other side of the state. Took hours to find a rental car. The mechanic reported when I picked it up that I had done nothing to cause this nor would there be any indicators. He has had other BMW oil separators freeze. He said NOW BMW uses insulated hoses instead. He has never had one that he has worked on, have the same problem again. Do I have any chance to have BMW cover some/all of the repair cost?

- , Holland, MI, USA