2.0

2008 BMW 528 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 528:

2008 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Feb 232015

528 6-cyl

I live in the state of Virginia. I have been experiencing the same issues with my 2008 BMW for about a month now. My coworker has the same year make and model, and is also experiencing or has experienced the same issues. We both have had our cars in the shop at the same time and the vehicles are now repaired. The issue with the vehicle is it begins to stall as driving which is dangerous in our area for traffic. The car will not pick up speed while driving and you can not go over 10 miles per hour. The car also jerks. The problems with both our vehicles were the same ; oil leak, a transmission leak, and a problem with the cylinders not working as connected to the spark plugs. As I previously stated this is an extremely dangerous driving conditions. And times when you need to accelerate the car stalls which almost causes the car behind you to run into you.the maintenance for my car was 3200 dollars at the dealership. My coworker took her car to an import repair shop and over the course of 2 times, she ended up spending about 1200 plus dollars. Please look into this matter as I don't think people are reporting it to the right authority.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA