2008 BMW 528 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 528:

2008 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Feb 242016

Fraud activity possible clone refinanced identity theft remote access was put on unauthorized threat safety for owner. Two loan start dates one in repo

- Ft Worth, TX, USA

Sep 222015

Car gas haven't been as usual took car for oil chang rotation of tires. Discovered gas leakage. Looking at possible fuel line or pump.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 242015

Hello I'm reporting in regards to an issue with my vehicle. For approximately the past month I have an issue with a gasoline smell coming from my vehicle. I first thought I was over filling so changed the amount of gas I put in the vehicle. That still didn't stop the smell from coming back. So I decided to schedule my vehicle for an appointment. As a result the service advisor stated they smelled it but was not able to find a leak. I drove home without a strong smell but by the time I arrived to the destination it was evident again. I contacted a few other BMW authorized dealers and talked with service advisors and they said they never heard of such issue/concern. At one dealership the advisor hung up on me while I was explaining it. I read a few articles where other BMW owners experienced the same issue, some who cars caught on fire. This made me believe there is a defect that causes this issue. So I contacted BMW of North America and was told by joey there is nothing they could do. I explained to him that I can't keep paying diagnostic fees for them to determine nothing is wrong. I had it escalated and was told by kayla that I need to take it to a dealership. Never was I offered to have it checked for free. I understand I'm out of warranty but to be responsible for paying for diagnostic procedures without being told an issue exists is robbery. I just want my car concern resolved before anyone is injured or harmed as a result of the issue.

- Winnsboro, SC, USA

Feb 042014

My 2008 528I has a delay in acceleration when making a turn into traffic. The car will start to shake and jerk as I lightly apply the gas pedal. The enigine light has come twice during an acoourence and then went out as I continued to drive. Just had the car at the dealership and they found no faults with the car or any codes. I find it to be a safety hazzard because as I stated before, I'm in traffic and as I turn left/right, im unable to move while the traffic behind me is apporaching.

- Charlotte, NC, USA