2.4

2010 BMW 528 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW 528:

2010 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Aug 042016

528

I took my vehicle to BMW irvine in California for a recall on my tail lights, they stop working, the recall was to replace both sides and they only did one. The side that burn out but they left the same connector which was burnt and with the wires loose and I wasnt even notify when I pick the vehicle until when I start driving the light stopworking again. They answer is not T heir fault dont care. Now my vehicle doesn't run and I got all kinds of wired messages on my idrive. Half way done recalls"?" bad customer service.

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Feb 092015

528

The insulation covering the wires going to the daytime running lamps (angel eyes) bulbs has split and caused a short or an arc which has visibly burned and melted the plastic connector to the bulb and caused the light to malfunction and produce warnings inside the car. This seems like a dangerous situation. Even more so because power continues to flow through the wires as evidenced by the fact that jiggling the wires sometimes makes the bulb light up.

- Whitefish Bay, WI, USA

Oct 122013

528 6-cyl

Approximately one month ago my entire set of right rear lights went out on my car. I called the dealership and they said it was not covered under warranty. I took to aaa and they couldn't figure out what was wrong but got lights working, they thought just loose wires. A week or so ago stopped working again. Took back to aaa and they said it had to be the whole board for lights and to take to dealer. I then read online that there is a recall for my year/model of car for rear tail lights. Now my left taillight is entirely not working. My VIN is not included in recall so I have to pay for this which I don't think is right as clearly this is a larger issue. Please help.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Aug 282013

528 6-cyl

I received a displayed message there was a malfunction with the rear lamp. When checking the tail light assembly and wiring, I noticed the connector on the tail lamp assembly was melted (plastic) where the brown ground wire connected. The male/female connector parts got so hot that the plastic connector was melted where the ground wire connects. This was on the drivers side, but it is likely the passenger side would have the same problem. The heat generated to melt the plastic connector could cause the ground wire to burn and the brake/rear lights to fail. With a failure of the rear lights, an accident could happen.

- Noblesville, IN, USA