2012 BMW 528 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 528:

2012 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Apr 022014

I was driving at 30, and hit a pot-hole. All of sudden my rare passenger door popped opened. My dash board started lighting, and also the interior lights started lighting. Taken to the dealer immediately as we carry our baby often times in the rear seat (he was not in the car when incident happened), and they said nothing wrong, but suggested to put child lock. I see a similar complaint by another user.

- Okemos, MI, USA

Sep 052012

528 4-cyl

I was driving at about 50 mph. All of a sudden, without any warning, I heard pop, and noticed that the right passenger door had popped loose. Immediately, warning lights and the interior lights came on. The passenger door was completely closed and locked when I started my commute. I had driven about 8 miles at the point when this happened. Once I pulled over, I noticed that the door was still locked, but it was clearly ajar. Not sure what caused this, but feel like this is could be a potentially serious safety concern.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA