2001 BMW 530 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 530:

2001 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Sep 242008

2001 BMW 530ia reverse"!?! the car has never been abused and always serviced as recommended by the on board computer and owners manual. Reverse for no reason stopped working at the worst possible time!!! it has enough power to roll very slowly if you rev the motor out of a flat parking spot but it doesn't have any power to back up any incline at all. I have never abused the car or had any problems with the drive train. The dealership told me it has a sealed transmission and you can't check or add fluid. I got stuck against a curb while trying to perform a U-turn blocking oncoming traffic and had to get a tow truck to remove my car a few feet back. I thought that I did something wrong but after researching I see that tons of people have encountered this same defect!! why hasn't this been recalled" it's a very expensive repair costing thousands for a new transmission. I worked at a BMW dealership in sales and the service provider I spoke to said it's a common problem with BMW that should be addressed.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA