2003 BMW 530 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 BMW 530:

2003 BMW 530 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 272016

530

Takata recall. More than a year ago, I received information in the form of a warning that my car had airbags that should be replaced. I contacted the BMW center on S.dixie highway near 160 street in miami and was told that they will get back to me. After a long enough wait, I called again and was told the same thing. After another period of time, I took my car to them. They told me that the airbag had been ordered and that I will be notified as soon as it comes in. After another long wait, I called and later went back with my car but still got the same run-around. It has been almost 2 years since I contacted BMW. I am lucky that nothing bad has happened to me while driving my car. What else am I supposed to do in order to get the service that I need? thank you for your help.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 152016

530

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 530ia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Oct 042016

530

Takata recall. The contact owns 2003 BMW 530I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced the failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Aug 312016

530

Takata inflators nothing yet has happened but 15 months after recall issued still waiting for remedy

- Troutville, VA, USA

Aug 252016

530

I'm getting the run around about replacing the driver's airbag in my car. I received the initial notice over 6 months ago and was told the air bags were released over a month ago but I still haven't gotten a second notice. The BMW dealership says there isn't an issue with the BMW it's just precautionary but they still don't have the airbags in.

- Alabaster, AL, USA

Jul 152015

530

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 530ia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 09/22/16

- Salem, OR, USA

Jul 122015

530 6-cyl

"takata recall" - my 2003 BMW driver-side front air bag module (15V-318) was recalled in July 2015 and I can't get any info from BMW if they will ever fix it. I have been calling for one year on this, as I was instructed to do by BMW, and they still will provide me with no information as to if or when it will ever be replaced. They have notified me that the air bag can result in "serious injury or death." I have documentation on my numerous attempts to resolve this by calling every 3-4 months as they requested. It has now gone on for one year, and when I said to the BMW representative a couple of days ago, "it seems like this could go on and on and nothing will ever get fixed, " the response was "that's correct." I have read on-line that you should "take public transportation or ride share" but I live in L.a. and require a car to et to and from work. I won't let my son drive my car because I fear for his safety. I can't afford another car. I read on-line that older cars (mine is a 2003) and heat (I live in the san fernando valley of California and it gets hot) can make the air bag more dangerous. I have been driving this car, knowing it's dangerous, for a year, and I am always fearful that someone next to me on the freeway might drift into my lane, while texting, causing the dangerous air bag to go off and send metal shards into me. This can't go on with no end in sight. I feel like they just want me to get so frustrated that I dump my car. I'm definitely frustrated, but I need to keep this car. Please help me get some answers and a time when this can be fixed. It's an unacceptable stress to put on someone that they could die from a faulty airbag while the company keeps refusing to give you information and has no intention to fix it in a timely manner. I have documents regarding their notification and my phone calls to them. Thank you.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Jun 292016

530

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 530I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Jan 012003

530

Takata recall. Are the airbags safe? the car is on the recall list.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

530

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 530ia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however the parts to do the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Mill Valley, CA, USA

May 272015

530

Takata recall - I recently found out that my vehicle, which has been mine since it was new in 2003, is part of the takata recall and has been since almost a year ago. I never received a single notification in the mail. I have lived at the same address since 2003, so there seems to be absolutely no excuse for this. When I called my BMW dealership to find out what to do about the recall, I was told there is no current remedy but that someone would call me back about my options. It has been almost two weeks and no one has called me. I then sent an E-mail to BMW, which resulted in a form return message. What are the options for someone with this recall and no remedy? I can't say that I feel at all safe driving my car, especially not with my children in it, but I apparently have no alternative as I'm not in a position to purchase a new vehicle or to rent a vehicle.

- Springfield, OR, USA

Oct 102003

530

My car is on the list of cars with defective airbags and I have not received any kind of notification or recall information regarding my vehicle. I want this taken care of immediately and have the defective airbags replaced.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 252015

530

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2003 BMW 530I. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags; however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fairfax Station, VA, USA

Feb 182016

530

I received a letter in July of 2015 stating that there ia a recall on driver-side front air bag module (recall campaign no.: 15V-318) and have yet to receive another notification when the dealerships can fix this dangerous defect. Please advise!

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

530 6-cyl

Rec'd. recall notice in July 2015 regarding "recall campaign no. 15V-318: Driver-side front air bag module". still have not heard from BMW as to remedy.

- Neshanic Station, NJ, USA

May 272015

530

Takata recall was notified in May 2015 of drivers side airbag recall. Current status from BMW is no remedy available yet. I would think by now that the plans and timelines of this recall would be well understood and issued to the owners of the affected vehicles.

- Lancaster, MA, USA

530

Takata recall- the contact owns a 2003 BMW 530I. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) was received in July of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jul 202015

530

The contact owns a 2003 BMW 530I. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) was received in July of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Myers , FL, USA

Mar 062015

530 6-cyl

Car slid into a pole due to the weather the passenger side bumper was hit but the driver side air bag deployed and the car wouldn't start. There really wasn't much damage to the bumper just don't understand why the airbag deployed.

- Hamilton , NJ, USA

Jun 052012

530 6-cyl

I was driving my 2003 BMW 530I, while I was driving I used the volume control on the steering wheel to turn the radio down, after depressing the button immediately I smelled and recognized there was smoke coming from the steering wheel. I pulled over, and turned the car off. After several minutes I turned the ignition and proceeded to inspect the car. The volume controls did not work any more along with the horn does not blow anymore. Actually when I depress the horn it makes the steering wheel rise up and down. The airbag light flickers off and on. My radio works sporadically. I called BMW of North America and asked about any recalls on this vehicle after seeing a posting online about airbag malfunctioning. This seemed to fit my situation however the gentlemen who took my called said there was no recalls on this model..... this was disappointing and my problems arises more and more after this. I get a transmission failsafe warning almost all of the time because the car seems like it wants to cut off while driving at times. My brake lights flicker off and on at times and then stays on while driving. I got a warning ticket from an police officer. He said it is a safety hazard. My headlights flicker off and on at times while in operation. I get a engine failsafe warning at times and the car goes into limp mode.......

- Decatur, GA, USA