1.6

2005 BMW 530 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 530:

2005 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Aug 302014

530 6-cyl

Was traveling on the freeway when the car gas pedal began to rev up on its on and then the warning light alert "trans. Malfunction" the vehicle will have reduced acceleration. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center. Trans. Fault drive moderately, we pulled off the freeway after turning off the car for a while I was able to drive but this continues to happens, I have checked on www.motortrend.com for recalls and everyone that is listed are problems im having, recall # 76534 air bags frontal light, recall 51587 power train; automatic transmission, recall #93389 engine & engine cooling: Cooling system: Fan, recall 71260 service brakes, hydraulic: Power assist: Vacuum, I'm having trouble with my car in all these recalls, please help.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Aug 012012

530 8-cyl

Transmission jerks as if you are missing a spark or it is trying to find a higher or lower gear while cruising in traffic between 32-40 mph.

- Lorton, VA, USA

Aug 082012

530 6-cyl

Going 55 mph. The car lost power with a large warning diagnostic on control panel -- transmission error indicating that car would now operate in a diminished state. Luckily managed to pull off to the side without causing accident. This is a hazardous situation the loss of power could easily have had more disastrous consequences. It was sputtering and I shut engine off and it started again. I drove home. Took it to a BMW repair shop and BMW and no one could find problem.

- Alpine, CA, USA

Mar 222013

530

I was driving along the highway at approximately 55 mph in mycertified pre owned 2005 BMW 530I that I have owned for 3 and a half years when all of a sudden I got a message in the idrive that read :transmission failsafe, drive moderately". I then proceeded to drive home approximately 15 miles. After a couple of day I had my vehicle towed to the nearest bwm service center where I was informed that the trasmission would need to be replaced. The vehicle had 46K miles on it when I purchased it so that means that I have only driven 50K when the transmission failed. I just find it discerning that a vehicle with such low mileage is in need of a transmission. I have kept up the maintenance on my vehicle and as I mention aboved I purchase a pre- certified vehicle and I have never has a vehicle to need a transmission this soon. After checking the internet it concerns me that alot of other people have had the same issue and that BMW has no address it.

- Greenbelt, MD, USA

Dec 142012

530

Coming onto highway pushed gas pedal to accelerate, the car attempted to downshift but lost power with a large warning diagnostic on control panel -- transmission error indicating that car would now operate in a diminished state. Luckily managed to pull off to the side without causing accident. This is a hazardous situation the loss of power could easily have had more disastrous consequences.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA