2.2

2006 BMW 530 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 530:

2006 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Apr 212016

530

Internal headlight wiring insulation flaking off exposing copper wire causing failure of parking and daytime running lights and failure of the front headlight system as well as the risk of fire. Also having issues with intermittent cruise control, power ports and fan inside the car.

- Purvis, MS, USA

Nov 052013

530

I bought a used BMW from long island auto find. Before picking it up I told nick certain things needed to be done there was a drafty sound coming from the moon roof the center rims were corroded, bolts were missing from the valve cover. I was called three days in a row by nick who claimed everything was done and the car was ready to be picked up. When I got the re not only was the battery dead, nothing on my list was done! I have since had the car 5 month and I has been in the shop 5 weeks so far. Passenger side air bag malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. There was an oil leak that caused my eyes to water and leaves a funny taste in my mouth. This took three different attempts to fix. The car moves from side to side at 65 mph. The car just died while taking my wife to work. I brought it to the shop it did it on the mechanic but he could not determine the cause. He said it was safe to take to Florida which is the reason I bought it. It stalled in Florida while entering an intersection then again in Delaware at 3:30 in the morning and 13 degrees! and again on the bqe as three lanes of traffic merged into one.I have 2 friends with the same car they were charged $1300 to fix the "air bag malfunction"everyone should be reimbursed. I am told the gaskets become brittle and leak. All of these issue's should be part of a recall.

- Huntington, NY, USA

Jun 232006

530 6-cyl

: the contact stated the engine hesitated when accelerating from a stop. The hesitation of the engine lasted between 5 to 10 seconds. The vehicle was taken to the service dealer and manufacturer, who did not find any problem with the engine. The vehicle was not involved in any accidents. When pulling out into traffic, the vehicle hesitated. The consuemer was told the vehicle is underpowered for its weight. Updated 12/18/06.

- Lebanon, IL, USA