2006 BMW 530 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 530:

2006 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Jan 142016

Steering wheel is lock and car will not start. Yellow lock and steering displayed.

- South Holland, IL, USA

Jun 292015

I bought 2006 BMW 530xi about a year ago from a used dealership, the car was running perfect a month later in a sudden a I got a trans malfunction, I took it to BMW dealership which charged me $299 to check the transmission then came and said nothing is wrong with it. Couple weeks later the same message kept coming back and the transmission would act up, for example when I am slowing down to stop at a red light, the transmission would kick back so hard that I would have to press the brake so hard to avoid hitting the person in front of me. Now I took the car again to another BMW dealership because the trans malfunction stayed and did not go away when I restart the car like it was doing and they told me, it requires transmission replacement a. BMW advertises that there cars are strong and last longer than other cars, I think they need to get sued for providing false information fir their bad cars quality. I have found hundreds of online threads wanting to sue BMW for the poor transmission on their cars. BMW need to have a recall for BMW failed transmission

- Glenmoore, PA, USA

May 072015

The micro power module in the trunk burned up, crashing the screen/audio/service screen. The car is drivable but I cannot access any features from the dash computer screen, none of it works. There is a distinct plastic burned smell in the trunk. I have since learned this is a common problem...when I called my BMW certified mechanic, I barely explained my issue and his response was "let me guess, you have an '05 or '06 BMW 5 series, correct? the microprocessors in the trunk are burning up...they've since moved them from under the tire". my car could have burned down. Clearly BMW knows they have a problem as they have since moved the processor. I shouldn't have to pay for this costly repair.

- Melbourne, FL, USA