2006 BMW 530 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 530:

2006 BMW 530 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Apr 152010

530 6-cyl

I contacted BMW North America by phone regarding a recall for this issue. They told me that my 2006 BMW 530xi was not included in the recall. Yet, my car exhibits the exact problems outlined in the recall. The front passenger air bags will be deactivated and the air bag warning lamp, as well as the passenger air bag "on-off" lamp will be illuminated. This includes a warning in idrive system stating "passenger restraint" system issue. How is it that other 2006 5 series vehicles were included and my car was not? the local dealer is saying this is more than $1000 to repair, not sure how they would know that without seeing the vehicle.

- West Barnstable, MA, USA

Dec 032012

530 6-cyl

Passenger airbag sensor. Warning light system failure.

- Wadsworth, OH, USA

Nov 022012

530 6-cyl

The passenger side occupancy seat mat for the airbag failed. BMW has bulletin sib 65 75 06, airbag warning lamp for OC3 seat mat fault, that covers my cars build date, but BMW states my VIN is not covered. There is also a current recall, NHTSA campaign number: 08V-384, but BMW states my car is not covered and refuses to honor the 10 year extended warranty. My car is experiencing this same issue, as diagnosed by a local BMW dealers, but they have failed to cover it. This is a major safety issue that is affecting many cars outside of the recall. They are many people posting on various BMW forums that are experiencing the same issue. BMW should be held accountable to fix all the vehicles experiencing this problem.

- Carmel, CA, USA

Oct 202010

530 6-cyl

While driving, the passenger airbag warning light was on, and the airbag was disabled, although there is passenger sitting there.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Mar 202012

530 6-cyl

The airbag warning lamp comes on periodically. There was a recall, but it only covered to November 22 of 2005 production and my car was produced in December of 2005.

- Sauk Rapids, MN, USA

Feb 102012

530 6-cyl

The airbag sensor in the passenger seat is defective. My car is two months outside the existing recall.

- Easley, SC, USA

Jan 302012

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530I. The contact stated that upon starting the vehicle, the warning mat sensor illuminated on the instrument panel, indicating that the air bag would not deploy in the event of a crash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the contact was advised to replace the mat sensor. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but failed to offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). No repairs were performed. The failure mileage was 105,800 and the current mileage was 105,300.

- Longwood, FL, USA

Apr 012010

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530I. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the passenger seat sensor was defective and need to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in the recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (component: Air bags:frontal). The VIN was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 91,000.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Jun 012011

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530xi. The contact stated that the air bag and seat belt warning lights were illuminated. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 (air bags:frontal) but was advised by the manufacturer that the vehicle was not included in the recall. The vehicle was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The current mileage was 53,000 and the approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Oct 032011

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530xi. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, an air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags:frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 104,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 292011

530 6-cyl

On my BMW 2006 530I, the passenger airbag warning light indicating a restraint failure. I saw a recall on the NHTSA web site (campaign id 08V384000) covering the 2004- 2006 model year BMW 5 series with this exact problem. My vehicle was built in May 2005. I contacted BMW usa to report the safety failure. BMW said it was not covered and has refused to offer any assistance. I asked them to explain why if my vehicle, is in the middle model years and experiencing the same problem, why the recall does not apply. Their reply, BMW will not honor the recall, it's my problem. This is a safety issue that could cause injury or death. Please review this campaign id and expand or issue a new recall. BMW would not help me in this matter. Thank you for reviewing this safety concern,

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Jul 042011

530

Passenger restraint system fault light has started showing on my BMW, there has been a recall reported on the same component "statement on voluntary recall involving front passenger seat sensor mat on U.S.a. model bmws - August 13, 2008". I have the same problem but my VIN is not showing up in the recall. I took the car to dealer and dealer says its exactly the same part but I am not covered under recall warranty.

- Cary, NC, USA

Feb 012011

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 5-series. The contact stated that the air bag light would illuminate intermittently. The dealers diagnosis indicated that the mat sensor was defective and explained that a recall related to the failure was not related to campaign# 08V384000 (air bags:frontal); but the contacts VIN was not a part of the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 57,000 and the current mileage was 60,000.

- Madison, CT, USA

Mar 122011

530

The car with VIN number stated above has reported a malfunction in the passenger side airbag. NHTSA recall id # 08V384000 - air bags:frontal" shows that the BMW 530I, model years 2004-2006 has been recalled to specifically address this issue. However, upon arriving at BMW of roseville (California), I was told that the recall does not apply to my car specifically (despite the description in the recall itself), and that I would be required to pay $175 for a diagnosis fee, and then be fully responsible for the cost of repairs. This is a significant safety issue that currently has my family's lives at risk, but the service department at roseville BMW was completely disinterested. Realizing that I would get no help from BMW of roseville, I have since taken this issue up with niello BMW in sacramento. They have been more helpful, but there is still the issue of the VIN number. If for some reason this automobile was excluded from the recall despite being the make, model, and model year described in the recall, it was excluded in error.

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Mar 112008

530 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. While driving approximately 10 mph, the contact's wife began to feel dizzy. The next thing she remembered is smoke appearing under the hood and she rear ended another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was injured and had to be transported to the hospital. The vehicle sustained damage to the front end. A police report was filed. There were no air bag recalls, but there is an open investigation regarding the air bags. The current and failure mileages were 14,500.

- Passaik, NJ, USA