2007 BMW 530 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 530:

2007 BMW 530 Owner Comments

May 302013

530 6-cyl

I'm an owner of the bmw530I & around the end of April I began to feel a jerk type of motion (a slight acceleration) when I came to a stop. I called the dealer who asked if they could test drive it because they cannot explain what that could be. On 5/30/2013 I took the car into the dealer & I was told the car may just need to be updated because they could not explain what was causing the jerking motion upon stopping. After about 1 hr 1/2 I was told they needed me to give them authorization to push pass there system because for some unknown reason there system keeps stopping/unable to diagnose & the tech says they tried several times & if they continued it could possibly blow my electrical or radio system, they would not take the responsibility. I could not take that chance because that is the only vehicle my self & family has. So at that point the tech & the service mgr explained that there was nothing else they could do & they felt it was still a safe vehicle to drive. BMW should be able to diagnose there own vehicles & is this a manufacturers defect ? I am very disappointed & concerned about the safety & security of my self & my children.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Apr 082011

Reported engine leaking transmission fluids (less than 40,000 miles at the time reported) and was advised by BMW dealership that this is a common problem, repairs exceed $1000. BMW of North America, llc's advice that if transmission goes unrepaired, risk transmission locking up and no longer drivable. BMW is aware of latent defect and potential damage, should make repairs free of charge. BMW should also be concerned with environmental impact. Transmission fluid releases toxins that when leached into groundwater, realseases contaminates into soil and water, and potentially harmful to ecosystem.

- Union City, CA, USA

Oct 162012

530 6-cyl

Very common problem in 2007 BMW 530 xi is transmission gasket leak and I came to know from web this is happened to many vehicles.

- Hillsborough, NJ, USA

Jun 182012

530 6-cyl

The problem that I am having started on June 18, 2012, when I heard a clicking sound coming from the drivers? side every time I turned off the ignition. The clicking sound only occurred when I turned off the ignition, and was only heard from the front of the car. On June 19, 2012, I decided to visit the BMW service department to see if they could get to the bottom of this clicking my 530xi had. At this time, no error messages were present on the idrive system. I did not have time to have a diagnostic test that day, so I decided I would return the following day to have a diagnostic test performed on it. On my way home (1.5 mile drive), I had the following message on my idrive system "AWD, dsc, ABS, and emerg ebv" this had me very worried, and I started researching if other BMW owners were having the same problem as I did. After talking to several BMW owners, they pointed out to me that they also experienced this problem in the past, and that the problem that they had involved a defective transfer case actuator motor (BMW part 27-10-7-546-671). On June 20, 2012, I again visited the BMW service center and had the diagnostic test run on my vehicle. The problem came back as a defective transfer case actuator motor.

- Traverse City, MI, USA