2012 BMW 535 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 535:

2012 BMW 535 Owner Comments

Oct 072013

535 6-cyl

The car has been in and out of the shop for various problems from the moment we bought it. The car started making whistling sounds and engine lights would come on and has been seen by BMW rts already 4 times. But most recently my husband was waiting at the light to make a left turn when his steering wheel all of a sudden locked and he could not drive it. So we took it in to get it serviced and was told to immediately contact BMW of North America. 3 weeks later I finally received my car and cause of this steering error reads: Eps control unit is faulty. The replaced the eps control unit, basically the steering rack, and the eps control unit failed again! they disconnected the battery to reset the control modules reprogrammed the eps control unit, adjusted the steering angels, initialized all windows and sunroof, performed active 4 wheel alignment. Basically the cars a dud and BMW refuses a buy back.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Sep 032012

The contact owns a 2012 BMW 535I. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle started to pull to the right. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 400.

- Diamond Bar , CA, USA

Apr 142012

535 6-cyl

The car will not go straight. It keeps pulling to the right side, my 2012 535I has been aligned twice by BMW and can't correct the problem. My service advisor advised me that I needed to contact BMW of North America and address the issue to them.

- Imperial, CA, USA