2013 BMW 535 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 535:

2013 BMW 535 Owner Comments

Nov 072013

535 6-cyl

As I was leaving the stop sign and entering the busy intersection, my engine suddenly died. The second incident happened a few days later. I was driving about 15 mph, again the engine suddenly died.we took the car to BMW encinitas for its first maintainance check and we did mention these two scary incidents.they re-assured us that everything was fine. The latest incident happened two days ago, Feb 23,2015. My husband was driving at about 15 mph, and again the engine suddenly died and the transmission went into neutral.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 252014

535

The contact owns a 2013 BMW 535I. The vehicle stalled and the steering failed without warning when the contact depressed the brake pedal. The contact could not stop the vehicle from rolling down a hill. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,000.

- Weehawken Township, NJ, USA

Sep 292013

535 6-cyl

Driving new 2013 535I (heavily equipped) about 50 mph in 55 mph zone on a clear evening w/low traffic. Suddenly and without warning BMW collided into rear-end of illegally parked vehicle lacking any warning lights or flares. BMW rammed adverse parked vehicle approx. 16' before pull apart. Air bags deployed on steering wheel and knee. Steering wheel airbag caused significant damage to left arm etc.. both legs in similar trauma post-crash at knee to foot equally. Front windshield cracked inwards (not outward) above steering wheel. Force of impact to rt. Foot/heel to pedal/floor caused multiple fractures req. 10 screws with plate and other injuries. Temporary total disability and partial permanent disability. Out of pocket medical costs, and other specials exceed $100,000 excluding value of vehicle. (damage to vehicle estimated to exceed $42,000) BMW stalled and rolled to a rest in left lane. BMW assist could not speak to me, but could hear from within vehicle. BMW admitted its BMW assist system malfunctioned. Airbag deployed and may not have properly and/or timely notified 911. Personal injuries from airbag despite seat and steering wheel fully retracted. BMW promised, but failed to provide audiotape and transcript, despite repeated attempts. Moreover, BMW won't provide common courtesy of a response to said failure even though proof of service exists. Unusual particularly since no threat of litigation has been or will be made. Air bags do not show as being disconnected from crash on this site. Personal injuries e.g. medical bills, pain and suffering etc. Into six figures. BMW has also refused to inspect vehicle to rebut any queries as to vehicles' performance at moment of impact. BMW nor selling dealer never informed assist package for about $1,300 would have prevented or significantly reduced the outcome.

- Deerfield, IL, USA

Feb 182013

535

At the time of purchase I was told that the first tune up would be due at 10,000 miles. Therefore I schedule an appointment for service, hover when I brought it in the first time at 10,000 miles I was told there was no need for tune up that the computer would display a message telling me when to service it. One week later it was displaying that it needed oil, so I brought it in. One quart of oil was added on the spot. After 11,000 it was telling me to service the car in 1200 miles so at 12200 I brought it in. Once aging I was told it was not time. Now it is once again displaying a message that oil level is low but I still don't have the message for service needed. The car now has 14000 miles. I just do not want the engine to blow out and the dealer blame it on me for not bringing in on time.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA