2007 BMW 550 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 550:

2007 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Sep 072016

Experience "highbeam malfunction" warning light. Inspected the headlamps (E60 adaptive xenon part # 6312710157). The driver's side low-beam halogen melted through reflector. Inspected wiring and the sheathing / jacket were disintegrating causing short circuiting. Upon further research, this is a result of BMW's use of biodegradable materials in mid-200's cars. Not only is this a fire hazard, the only remedy is to get a new headlamp set (~$1300 each)

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 102015

LH and rh adaptive headlights wiring insulation is crumbling possibly resulting in a electrical headlight fire from the exposed bare wires.

- Fife, WA, USA

Jun 152013

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 550I. The contact stated that the driver and passenger's side headlight wires were melted. There was also an intermittent tail light malfunction warning message. The contact inspected the tail lights and noticed they were illuminating properly. Additionally, the passenger's side restraint warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Gainsville, FL, USA

Jun 092012

550 8-cyl

About 3 months ago I bought a 2007 BMW 550I with 29,802 miles. When a large red steering lock light appeared on the dash, as well as, the center console computer had instructions "not to turn the engine off". the car operated normally just with an uncomfortable big red light on my dash. Before calling the BMW dealer I decided to do some research on the internet. I have found dozens of BMW forums referencing steering wheel lock malfunctions. Most were ranging from updating computers to steering column replacements. I took the car to the BMW dealer as he gave me a loaner and took my car for the night. The following day he called me in and told me I needed to fix this problem that would cost me $700 or the steering might lock up on me during driving. With this many similar complaints it sounds like there might be a recall on the BMW steering lock?

- San Antonio, TX, USA