2011 BMW 550 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 550:

2011 BMW 550 Owner Comments

Feb 102014

550 8-cyl

Since January 2014 the fuel injectors failed and replaced two times and the vehicle is currently at the position of crtiz BMW dealership in savannah, ga since February 12/2015 to replace the fuel injectors for the third time and also to repair the seat belt malfunction on the front passenger side that were failed to work since February of 2014. On February of 2014 I have reached out to critz BMW service department and also contacted BMW of North America in June of 2014 to customer care individuals many times from over six months about the seat belt malfunction safety issue since then to have this issue fixed but I was told that BMW couldn"?T duplicate or repair the seat belt. Three passengers including my wife were at risk and saw the light for seat belt malfunction warning light turned on in this vehicle while setting on the front passenger seat and I also have photos dated since February 2014. The warning indicated that the air bag won??T deploy in case of any accident and I had to stop the vehicle while driving on the highway for the passenger?"S safety and I also contacted BMW emergency assistance and I was told to take the vehicle to the dealership for inspections. The critz BMW mentioned that the service department and BMW of North America are aware of the issue with the seat belt and that they are in contact to replace the seat mat on the passenger side and that there is an issue with the sensor. I was offered by BMW of North America to trade this vehicle and I told BMW that I will not trade this vehicle until its fixed since I don't want to put someones life in danger due to the seat belt issue that BMW couldn't fix and I told them that they can simply repurchase, replace or repair this vehicle. On March 12/2015 the BMW of North America couldn't duplicate or repair the seat belt malfunction on the passenger side seatbelt.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jan 092014

550 8-cyl

1- seat belt malfunction for passenger side not fixed after many complaints to BMW of North America and the dealership. I can't have a passenger or my wife in my car due to the seat belt safety issues. 2- fuel injectors failed and will be replaced for the third time 3- the car is vibrating at 40mph. BMW found irregular tire wear on the front tires but I have a full warranty on all tiers with BMW that I purchased, the warranty is based on all the road hazards and the cause of the vibration is road hazards. BMW is not replacing the tires. 4- engine makes big noise at the start after parked for 8hrs or more. 5- the backup camera is stop working sometimes and the navigation is loading slowly. I brought these issues to critz BMW dealership and also contacted bmwusa customer care but they simply could not fix the issue after many visits to the dealership. I have approximately 45 days of warranty left on this vehicle so bmwua is giving me a run around and each time supporting and backing the dealership until my warranty expires. Bmwusa and the crizte BMW dealership basically did not honor their original manufacture warranty contract to fix the issues that are still exists on this BMW. I took this vehicle to critze BMW dealership for more than five times and each time they kept it for 4 days and now for 21 days and they might keep it for another 14 days to fix the ongoing issue but the results are failing and the issue is unresolved the vehicle went for repairs this year for more than 40 days. BMW is holding my vehicle until the manufacture warrant expires so they can't have an excuse for not fixing. I have filed a complain with better business bureau but BBB referred me to your office since ga lemon law dose not apply to a used vehicle purchased from BMW even though with original manufacture warranty.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Nov 252014

550 6-cyl

Involved in an accident. Other vehicle going southbound crossed over median strip of highway, hit three cars going northbound, mine was third car to be struck. Offending car did a 360 in front of me, I slowed to about 25 and he moved into me. I struck his rear passenger side corner. I had front end damage over $5K. No airbag, but default messages and an airbag icon came on the video screen and the front instrument panel. It states "driver and passenger airbag or restraint system malfunction."

- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA