2011 BMW 550 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 550:

2011 BMW 550 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 102011

Driving my commute, that I previously had traveled on low profile tires in my previous BMW for 3 years without incident, I got a bubbled sidewall on my brand new Goodyear run flat tire. Upon doing some research I found out these BMW oem tires were failing all over the us. It seems the tires were only spec'd on the sport package with the all wheel drive option. The tires are unavailable do to I assume the large amount of failures. BMW put a size on the car that in the oem spec doesn't exist by any other tire manufacture. The fix was to give me 2 summer tread tires until the oem tires were available. Although BMW never recommends mixing summer and all season rubber.

- Yorktown Hgts , NY, USA

Mar 202011

Side wall bubbles on Goodyear Eagle LS2 run on flats supplied with 2011 BMW 550xi sport package when driving over small potholes or road imperfections

- New City, NY, USA