2001 BMW 740 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 740:

2001 BMW 740 Owner Comments

Jul 182015

Start the car power steering froze, I have shut off the car and restart it fix the problem or I have to repeat. Sometime while driving steering freeze. I had hoses leak, replaced hoses still have more leaks. While driving car unstable, I changed tires problem remain the same. I checked all suspension components and all in good condition.

- Oak Hills, CA, USA

Jan 052015

Three years ago I bought an aftermarket center steering link for my car....made in china. After three years, I detected significant play in the center link where there should be none. I order a second one and replaced it. After three months I detected play in the steering link, not as bad as after three years, but there should be zero play in this part. I replaced it today with and oem part and wanted to report the defective part which is being sold in high volume on the internet (ebay). I believe should this part fail completely, it would result in loss of steering and could result in a major accident. I will retain for a while the part I removed if someone is interested in this issue.

- St Augustine, FL, USA