1.7

2005 BMW 745 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 745:

2005 BMW 745 Owner Comments

Sep 302015

745

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 745li. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger side doors opened independently. The door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it diagnosed that the lock motion kit and lock safety kit needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 122,000.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Dec 202011

745

I took my 745li to the only BMW service center in davenport, ia for service and they could not open the hood by using the latch inside the car nor could they open it by any other means. There was nothing that led up to this issue, it just happened. They failed once again to open the hood the next time I brought the car in for a service so I asked them to fix the problem. They stated it was not something covered under my extended warranty, so I was forced to pay out of pocket. They stated that they had to remove my front tire in order to open the hood and that the faulty part was the mechanism that connects with the latch and hood. I paid over $3K for an extensive warranty, so I was livid that something like this was not covered. I had to pay out of pocket for new parts, repairs and of course labor. I keep my vehicle in tip-top condition and I even keep it in storage during the winter months. At the time of this incident, it was only 6 years old. For a $80K car; I expected more.

- Davenport, IA, USA

May 212009

745

My car was repaired back in 9/8/2008 for non functioning door handles and locks. Since the replacement of these parts the doors have opened without notice at highway speeds. I have brought the car back to the dealer and they said the software needed to be updated, so they updated the software and said it was fixed. So I continued to drive the vehicle since they said it was fixed. I was going on a road trip with my family in this vehicle, and during this road trip I was getting off the highway on an exit ramp and the door swung completely open and my dog almost fell out of the car. I brought the car to another dealer to have the issue fixed and they checked it again and said nothing was wrong. When I was leaving the dealer the door did not want to stay latched and kept popping open. This issue has been worked on 3-4 times without a resolution. The doors popping open on a vehicle during use could be very fatal to someone in the car. The dealer says everything is fine with the car and they can't do anything about the doors popping open if they can't duplicate the issue. This failure has occurred aprox. 15-20 times since they replaced the door handles back in September of last year.

- Hamilton, VA, USA