1.8

2006 BMW 750 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Jan 152013

750

The vehicle jerks when going from stop to drive. At times it is so severe that I think the car has been hit from behind. Also moves very slowly when proceeding from stop to drive. This problem is less noticeable while on the highway going at fixed speed. The problem is during traffic drive. Have been struggling with this issue for approximately three years. Dealer unable to replicate problem; however as soon as I drive car, it immediately kicks. Getting worse with time. Another problem is the door latches. All my door latches are faulty. The rear passenger cannot be opened from inside and if opened from outside, you run the risk of it not locking at all. All doors have similar issues.

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 012015

750

Passenger side door opens on its on as stated in recall threatening the safety nad life of my passenger my air bag warning lights are constantly displayed. My air bag system is now compromised and this is another BMW recall on vehicles in this years make and model. But vehicle is exhibiting all of these defects/problems but I am excluded. Id like to know the legality of my exclusion before I go further with any legal action when I attempted to move my vehicle initially the first instance of occurrence caught my attention concerning the door. And the air bag warning stays on from the time I start the car until I turn it off.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Feb 282014

750

Got into the vehicle with my passengers. We where leaving a walmart when all of a sudden I made a sharp turn and my door just popped open. My passenger would have fell out of the car if her seatbelt was not on. Luckily I was not close to any cars or there would have been a crash. I contacted BMW about the issue because I saw there was a recall on that same part that broke in my door panel. In the recall letter I read on your site I saw that BMW acknowledged the problem, and recalled vehicles of my year and make because the doors where popping open out of now where. BMW told me they can't do nothing for me and to visit a service center where I was quoted at 1000 dollars to fix a problem. I don't have that kind of money to pay for something BMW is a fault for and acknowledged. I currently have two bungee cords holding my door shut it still wont close to this day. My passenger could have died. I am filing this complaint because I want them to be accountable and fix this issue. I am worried to death it could happen to another door with another passenger I would understand if it was normal wear and tear I have to get fixed but this is unsafe and not normal wear and tear.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Feb 212014

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the front passenger's side door opened independently. The contact stated that attempted to close the door but the door would not shut. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was awaiting diagnosis of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 88,046.

- Milwakee, WI, USA

Jan 162014

750 8-cyl

I just closed the door and it would not latch! I have soft close doors and it would not work. It will not latch with the key and it won't work with the inside lock button" I had to tie the door shut to get home! I see that this is a recall for some vehicles but not mine" this is very unsafe and very frustrating! I see that there are many other models like mine having the same issue. This should be repaired by BMW across the board!

- Zimmerman , MN, USA

Apr 102013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the vehicle was equipped with the comfort access and soft close automatic doors; however, the front driver's side door did not latch until after several attempts. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 12V504000 (latches/locks/linkages) but the VIN was not included. The vehicle was not inspected or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 135,000.

- Midland, GA, USA

Oct 172012

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated the vehicle was equipped with comfort access and soft close automatic options. The feature allowed the doors to automatically close without manually engaging. The front driver and rear passenger doors would not latch however. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V504000 (latches/locks/linkages) however, the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 062013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the vehicle was equipped with soft close doors and when driving at various speeds, the rear passenger's side door would sporadically open independently. The contact had someone hold the door closed while he continued to drive. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 96,000. The current mileage was approximately 96,050. The VIN was unavailable.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Feb 182013

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the driver's side door opened independently and without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the soft close automatic door function software failed. As a result, the door latch needed to be replaced and the software needed to be reprogrammed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V504000 ( latches/locks/linkages ). the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 98,000 and the current mileage was 98,400.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Jan 042012

750

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the driver and passenger rear doors opened independently and without any warnings. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 101,000.

- Glassboro, NJ, USA