2006 BMW 750 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 142011

I want to start by saying, I have owned 7 series since 1991, my first purchase was the 735I, 745 and now the 750I. The 750I is by far a much better driving machine, however with all the problems I have had with it, I wish I would have kept my 745I!!! it's been one problem after another! now, I have a problem with the car rolling forward or backwards while park!! if you hit the start/stop button it would go into park (the indicated "P" lights up) but then the car rolls forward depending on if you are park on a incline/decline. Since that started, now I get a message stating "transmission fault? and it will not shift out of 2nd gear!!! the self-close driver side door works when it wants too!!! at this point, I will not allow my wife to drive the car for fear that she will get hurt with my kids in the car! it actually rolled into my garage door while sitting in the garage!!! I am sure that I"M not the only person with this problem, this needs to be correct immediately! I have complaint to several individuals within BMW and no actions seems to be taken to help remedy this problem. I have spent over $10K in repairs and continue to have problems!!!!

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Oct 202012

750 4WD 8-cyl

Oct 19th 2012, 2006 BMW 750li. (automatic park feature causes vehicle to almost run over my daughter on its own) I stopped the car on my driveway and opened the driver door while at the same time pushed the P park button on the shifter (opening door while car is stopped causes this model to automatically shift to "P" park) I proceeded to exit car to key in my garage code on the keypad mounted by the door about 8 feet away. This is my first car with automatic park feature so just in case I always manually push the "P" park button as a redundant habit. I think it's important to note that I physically saw the transmission shift from D drive to P park and light up before exiting the vehicle. The car was still running and in park!, when out of the corner of my eye, before the garage door could open I noticed the car following me. It moved about 8 feet and barely missed my 4 year old that was on her bicycle about 5 feet away. It slammed into my garage door at around 2-5mph before coming to a stop on its own before I could do anything about it. When I got back in the car, there was little gear light on the dash and a transmission failure code" appeared and it had shifted to N neutral on its own. Now when I attempt to put in D drive it automatically goes into neutral after a few seconds. Apparently, it went into neutral all by itself and inertial plowed into the door. It didn't make sense to me how it went from park to neutral until I read your article regarding an ongoing investigation. I further found through the BMW forums that this is an issue affecting many cars in this year and model range. I even noticed that your administration has investigated this issue in the past.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Aug 152012

750 8-cyl

From 2011-present, my BMW 750 li has been serviced 3-4 times for transmission problems. While BMW states that they fixed the problem, it continues to occur. On one occasion, after the vehicle was just picked following a transmission service, I had to call BMW roadside assistance to pick up approximately 25 minutes later to pick up the car again. While on my way home from BMW, I stopped at a local store and attempted to park. After backing up, then shifting into drive (in an attempt to straighten my car in the parking space) my transmission locked again. I did even make it home from the dealership before the car needed to be serviced again. Today, is August 23, 2012, and my car is again at BMW being serviced for the same transmission issue. This car is so unreliable that I don't drive it more than an hour from home nor can I depend on it being my only source of transportation. My car is at 64,446 miles and it is currently under warranty. After talking to the service technician yesterday, he stated that he is not sure why the problem continues to occur, other than finding a battery fault. I find it hard to believe that BMW would have such difficulty repairing their own vehicles. The poor performance of this vehicle and unsatisfactory work is unacceptable.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Jun 132012

Contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact was approaching a stop signal while driving approximately 30 mph and the transmission began to downshift with a loud banging noise. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that the transmission would need to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and stated that the service warranty expired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Hartford, CT, USA

Jul 032012

750 8-cyl

While driving out of town for the 4th, my transmission default light came on, I have only driven this car from the dealership, less than two weeks, at $32,000 this is unacceptable. Thank you for you help in advance.

- Lincolnton, NC, USA

Jan 012007

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750 li. The contact was driving 35 mph when the vehicle lunged forward and failed to shift gears properly driving up a hill.the vehicle was taken to dealer. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 100,000.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Dec 172011

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that he shifted the vehicle into drive, but the gear shift indicated that the vehicle was in park. The contact also stated that when shifting into park, the gear shift indicated that the vehicle was in drive. The dealer was not notified. The manufacturer informed the contact that there were no recalls addressing the failure. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The failure and current mileages were 64,000.

- Sulphur, LA, USA

Dec 102011

750 8-cyl

Have a 2006 BMW 750I and was out running errands. I stopped at the dry cleaners to get my clothing. I only turned the vehicle off for about 10 minutes while I went inside the dry cleaners. I paid for my items and went to restart the engine but when I put the vehicle in reverse no movement happened. I shut the vehicle down completely and restarted it. I put the vehicle in R for reverse and it switched back to P for park. The vehicle again was turned off and restarted and it did the same thing nothing. I called my spouse and he was able to put the vehicle in reverse by edging the vehicle while in reverse mode. While my spouse was backing out of the parking space the vehicle jerked. I often notice that if I park on a hill and go in reverse the vehicle jerks and makes a loud noise I just had the vehicle serviced recently and according to the inspection that the BMW service did the transmission is good.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Oct 302011

Transmission failed and would not engage D1, D2, D3. Unable to move car forward.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 122009

When pushing on the gas, the vehicle would stall, RPM's would shoot up, and would take 3-10 seconds to re-gain any power before the vehicle would begin to accelrate. Also once coming up to a stoplight or stop sign, the vehicle would feel as if someone had slammed into the back of me possibly jerking into gear. Spent countless times at the dealership with them giving me the run around, replacing random parts before replacing the entire transmission and still the vehicle continues to have issues.

- Newberg, OR, USA