2006 BMW 750 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 750:

2006 BMW 750 Owner Comments

Jun 142014

I took my car to the BMW dealership in 2012 because I noticed oil in my garage. I was told there was no oil leak and nothing was wrong. I reported in 2013 that the 'add oil' indicator was coming on less than 2,000 miles after an oil change and was told there was nothing found that need servicing. In 2014 I took my car back because my oil indicator stated I needed to add oil and I was told I had an oil gasket issue that would cost $11,000 to correct. I took my car to the dealership 3 times while it was under warranty and was never told of any problem until after the warranty expired. The same is true with the transmission; I had my car serviced while under warranty but wasn't told of a transmission malfunction until the warranty was expired. I have to add oil every 3 to 4 weeks and my overdrive is not functional. Now I am experiencing a problem with the drivers door; it won't close at all but I was told that my car is not on the recall list for the door malfunction.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Jul 132015

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the service engine warning light was illuminated and the vehicle jerked, knocked, and shook. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was unsafe to drive and randomly stalled. The independent dealer was notified more than three times and was unable to provide a permanent remedy. The vehicle was at the dealer for over a month. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who inspected that the engine was misfiring. The starter was replaced, but the vehicle continued to shake and stall. The service engine light remained illuminated. The contact had to tow the vehicle numerous times due to the failure. The vehicle was unable to be driven for several months. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 107,000.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Mar 082014

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750li. The contact stated that the exhaust system emitted white smoke while at a stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The dealer advised that the head gasket seal failed and caused engine oil to leak into the pistons. There was also engine oil leaking into the valves, which caused premature engine oil consumption that bellowed white smoke from the exhaust system. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 73,000 and the current mileage was 74,000.

- Snellville , GA, USA

Mar 072014

750 8-cyl

The car transmission will not engage. If you try to put the car in reverse or forward gear nothing happens. The gear goes to neutral and does not let parking gear or any other gear angage. If gear stays in drive mod and when you are wondering what to do gear suddenly engages itself and car shoots itself if brake pedal was not pressed. I contacted the dealer who notified that they could not assess the problem for a week because of busy schedule. The car is in non dealer shop currently.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 092014

750 8-cyl

When I was in park put car in reverse and car would not go in reverse went back into neutral on its own, so I put car back in park and retried and put it reverse several times and when the transmission kicked into reverse there was a large clank sound and a jerk that felt like I had been hit from behind, when stopped at red light to take off same thing the car jerked again. Then transmission fault light came on stated drive moderately, and another warning came on stating certain gears were not working correctly. Parked in garage and after several attempts the car did the same thing, vehicle was taken to local dealership for inspection and diagnostic testing to detect problems.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 202013

750 8-cyl

When driving down the interstate the car lost power go from during 60mph to 20 mph and I was on the gas, the vehicle stall out and would take 3-10 seconds to re-gain any power before the vehicle would begin to accelerate. Also once coming up to a stoplight or stop sign, the vehicle would feel as if someone had slammed into the back of me possibly jerking into gear. Spent countless times at the dealership with them giving me the run around, replacing random parts before replacing the entire transmission and still the vehicle continues to have issues. Now the car is misfiring and will not start at all. Been in the shop for 2 months and still not working.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Jun 062013

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750lil. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the driver and passenger's side air bags deployed without any impact to the vehicle as the engine stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Dec 092011

Vehicle smokes at idle and at take off.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Jan 262006

750 8-cyl

When I first bought the car I had problems with the air conditioner, since then my car has been in the shop almost monthly for problems with the engine and the transmission and steering. BMW writes on the yellow sheet that they have you sign with what you tell them but when you go back the invoice that you are given is different that what you signed for. I recently learned that when I noticed that the invoice does not have the information that was written when I was in front of the service advisor. Which means that when you are asking for copies of you repair order the information is different than your original complaint.

- Carson, CA, USA

Sep 052012

750 8-cyl

2 separate issues 1st, the vehicle when in park cannot switch to drive or reverse, it will only switch to neutral. Happen on countless occasions. Brought the vehicle to russell BMW who told me I have to pay to replace the transmission. Recall 93562 is now posted on BMW website detailing the same issue. Spoke to a rep who dismissed my vehicle complaint because the VIN # does not fall under the luxury package therefore not included in the recall. 2nd issue..the vehicle brakes when applied does not stop. Twice it's happen when I tried to slow or stop resulting in scaring me half to death and near accidents. I also address the recall 87903 with the rep who once again told me the VIN is not covered in the recall even though the year and model is included as part of the recall the question I pose is why is the VIN determining the qualification of the need to have BMW responsibly fix the 1st year model of their trial and error vehicles. I paid way too much to be told that because I did not have the comfort package my vehicle is not included in their recall" is it going to take an accident for BMW to be fix the necessary problems"

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 062012

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 750I. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 102012

750 8-cyl Diesel

Took my car in to be serviced and was informed of this leak in the vacuum pump and steering switch. Consequently, I seen there was a recall for 2006 bmws with a NHTSA campaign id number of 10V446000 with a recall date of 2012-10-01 for the vacuum pump. I called the dealership and they told me my car wasn't included.....but I believe it should be.

- Chicago , IL, USA