2013 BMW M3 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW M3:

2013 BMW M3 Owner Comments

Jan 072016

Vehicle has 3,100 miles on it. I stopped to get fuel and on the way back home the engine started to misfire heavily, then stall out in heavy traffic almost causing me to get rear ended. Luckily the car started but felt like it had only 10% of the power, BMW told me to drive it to the nearest service center to have it looked at. They called me the next day to tell my my engine has failed. Im not sure how in 3,100 well cared for miles the engine would fail, almost causing me to get rear-ended in traffic. I am disappointed that BMW could release a car that costs $77,000 dollars that has total engine failure in such little time and miles. BMW customer care has been the worst experience as well. They never return phone calls, and basically tells me every time there is no need to worry about the engine failing again in 3,100 miles.

- Middleton, MA, USA