2006 BMW M5 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW M5:

2006 BMW M5 Owner Comments

Dec 042006

M5 10-cyl

For about a 1.5 months, I have been having major issues with smg. In the morning on startup. I put the car in reverse, it shows (R). I step on the gas and it revs and doesn't do anything. You then hear a loud clunk and it pops back to neutral. Same thing with drive in which there is a huge delay even when it shows 1. extremely scary when you have traffic coming up behind you and you can't get into gear. I have opened dialogues with bmwna, my local dealer, the GM of my local dealer donna tafoya and at this moment, the only error they got was a szl failure. (replaced 2X already) other than that, no faults whatsoever so to them, it's a "ghost" issue. Puma case has also been created and the field rep will be out here on the 15th. In the meantime, I still do not have a car I can trust and this is my daily driver.

- Dublin, CA, USA