2015 BMW X1 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW X1:

2015 BMW X1 Owner Comments

Jul 172015

Service engine soon, electrical malfunction, coolant level low, may drive at reduced speed. These are all the alerts and messages that popped up when I took my vehicle into the dealer. Thinking my vehicle would still be under warranty, which it's relatively new and under 9K miles. The service manager told me that the vehicle had suffered from rodent damage, and that the warranty will not be covering the damages and that I should file a claim with my auto insurance. I inquired about why the rodents are attracted to the wiring and all they can say was to hire pest control and they would help me rid of rodent issues at home. I did some online research and found out that BMW had been using soy based ingredients to produce some of their wiring parts and coating. This of course was not disclosed at time of purchase and I would have never known about it if I hadn't faced with such circumstance. So bottom line, there is no resolution for this issue and I would have to continue to bring my vehicle in if rodents decide to have a party again in my vehicle or I can move.

- Monterey Park, CA, USA