2006 BMW X3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW X3:

2006 BMW X3 Owner Comments

Feb 162016

"takata recall" I started my car to warm up in the morning prior to going to work for a few minutes and then my car just shut off-it was below zero during the night so I called for a tow and took to shop and per owner of shop he had to call BMW as shop was not a BMW shop as he could not find out why car shut off-BMW stated to him that he has to order a cold weather kit that BMW makes so this wont happen agian or else engine can blow up-per BMW also they have been aware of this issue with my model therefore that is why there is a kit. My guestiion to you is I would think this would have been a recall issue and I do not see on BMW recall webiste where this has eve been re-called so per shop is $250 for kit from BMW and $500 labor as much labor involed so I wanted to check with you how I am responisble for this and why is not BMW not-thank you

- Kenosha, WI, USA

May 172012

Repeated flooding in driver-side back and passenger front. It has been the vapor seal along the door, top part of door near window, seal along the windshield and finally from the sunroof leading to drain leading to interior of car. I have been fortunate that no electrical issues have incurred, but due to the high risk of that happening, wanted to report the situation. This has been ongoing for over a year (fixed various issues with flooding every few months). BMW acknowledges that the X3 has water issues but that it is no fault of their's. I understand a vapor seal needing to be replaced once in a while- but this is far and beyond happening way too frequently. Just don't want any of the larger possibilities to come into play.

- Nashville, TN, USA