2012 BMW X3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW X3:

2012 BMW X3 Owner Comments

Mar 042012

X3

While I was driving my 2012 X3, I approached a stop light. As I applied the brakes, the vehicle slowed down but would not stop. The engine started to accelerate in addition to the brakes failing causing me to hit the rear end of the car in front of me. I continued to apply the brakes but they would not respond. My 2012 X3 kept rolling and finally stopped only after I hit the car in front of me approximately three times. I immediately had the car towed to the BMW dealer where it sat for approximately two months. BMW stated that there were no problems with car.

- Oxford, PA, USA

Jan 262012

X3

Our X3 new X3 has surged violently ahead on two occasions now, on one occasion with foot on brake. BMW are denying any other examples of this problem exist, which by viewing this website clearly is not the case. I encourage all that have had this problem to lodge an official complaint to cause a full recall of this dangerous design flaw. Please note that we are in australia, and that BMW in germany are denying any knowledge of this problem.

- Adelaide, AL, USA