2015 BMW X3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW X3:

2015 BMW X3 Owner Comments

Jul 062015

X3

I was turning off a residential street into the parking lot of our neighborhood swimming pool. The parking spot was straight ahead (a very short distance). I was traveling at a very slow speed. I couldn't stop the car no matter how hard I stepped on the brake. I hit a brick wall which stopped the car. It all happened so quickly in such a short distance. I was in shock and amazed at the amount of damage to the car and the brick wall. I believe the car suddenly accelerated as I was pulling into the parking spot. I have notified my insurance company that there are other instances of this reported on the NHTSA site involving the same make and model as my car. Updated 09/10/15

- Clifton, VA, USA

Feb 142015

X3

This system has not provided a warning or braking function since I purchased the vehicle on 14 Oct 2014. I had it in the BMW ocala service shop for 13 days and they tell me that it is working as designed. I drive in heavy traffic on a daily basis and have yet to receive a warning indication of any type. No one at the dealer level or BMW usa will tell me how the system works except there is no way for me to test it. Dealer states that "system will not activate when coming up on slow or stop vehicle from a higher rate of speed or when approaching another vehicle intentionally." What makes the system present a warning if that statement is true? I cannot get satisfaction from the dealer or BMW usa and am at a loss to find out if the system is truly working.

- Summerfield, FL, USA