8.1

2015 BMW X3 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW X3:

2015 BMW X3 Owner Comments

Feb 212015

X3

There were a total of 4 incidences. 2/21/15 took BMW X3 xdrive28I to dealer with 112 miles on car, after car engine revved higher as I was coming down a hill to a complete stop. I had to practically stand on the brake for car to stop. Acceleration lasted about 4 seconds after stopping. Had to keep my foot on brake during that time. It happened a second time on the way to dealer; going up a slight hill, while coming to a complete stop. Prior to the above date, on 2/16/15, car also accelerated by itself while driving about 55 mph on the highway. I had to step on break to slow down. Later that day the car accelerated by itself while rolling in a parking lot. I had to break hard to stop it. On 2/21/15 the dealer requested BMW na to send their engineers to check out the car. 2/24/15 BMW na advised me that "the car only does what you tell it to do with one of the controls.the engineers will be going to the dealership to check if anything is wrong with" my 2015 X3 xdrive. I advised them "they were looking for the wrong thing since there is something wrong with a car that accelerates when you are stepping on the break." They "should be looking for what is wrong with my X3." 3/4/15 BMW na advised that engineers had looked at the car at the dealership and it will take 7 to 10 business days for their decision. 3/10/15 BMW na advise me that the engineers checked out my X3 and the car is "performing as designed". I asked "is the X3 designed to accelerate when you are trying to stop the car"" the dealer also says there is nothing wrong with the car. When I told dealer "if it starts acting up again I will bring it right back" dealer said "that's up to BMW". since my BMW X3 sometimes accelerates when you are trying to stop and while at road speed, something is wrong with the car. Everything has to go through the computer. Might it be the computer program design"

- Huntington, NY, USA

Nov 212014

X3

The contact owns a 2015 BMW X3 diesel. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start intermittently. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate and diagnose the cause of failure. Also, the contact mentioned that while driving 55 mph on an interstate, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed again to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,003.

- Waldorf, MD, USA