2002 BMW X5 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW X5:

2002 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Nov 262012

As my wife and I driving to her md appointment on 11/26/12. I've noticed gas smell inside the car, and car suddenly losing power, when I've step on the gas pedal. It's like gaining power to go and suddenly loses power. I was kind of confused what happened. We were on the road right behind the intersection. We had to stop for the red light, when I've tried to go, the car was not moving like it should. We made it to the other side of the intersection, which there is denny's restaurant parking lot. By the time I've pulled over to see what is going on, we were still in the car. All of the sudden there was a loud sound, like explosion under the hood of the car and fire started.thanks god, we got out of the car just in time. The fire was burning out of control. Couple of passerby had fire extinguishers in their cars, tried to put the fire out, while I was on the 911 call, but no luck. In just a less than a minute the whole car was engulfed in flames. It took fire dept like 20-30 minutes to put the fire out, and my car just melted front of my eyes.

- San Ramon, CA, USA