2002 BMW X5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW X5:

2002 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Jan 102016

One day I got in my car to go out, when I closed the door the latch wouldn't catch. I kept trying and my door would not close. After waiting a few hours I tried again this time standing outside. The door did close, but I could not get it back open. The next day I went to get in from the other side and I did, but this door on the passenger side would not close. I finally did get it close, but it would not open. I had to get in from the back seat and crawl over to the front so that I could take it in to the dealer. What I was told was that the latch was probably frozen. So does this mean you can only drive a BMW in warm weather? he also said it could be a buildup of dirt. So I guess both my doors got a buildup of dirt at the same time. So he said we would probably just replace the latch. There are a lot of people having this problem. Why won't BMW take responsibility and fix the problem before someone get killed because they can't get of their car.

- Dayton, OH, USA