2007 BMW X5 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW X5:

2007 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Dec 092015

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact stated that water drained into the module on the rear driver side compartment of the vehicle, which caused the radio and navigation system to experience a short circuit failure. The contact was concerned that due to a design flaw in the draining system in the rear sun roof of the vehicle, that water could enter the compartment where the modules were located, causing an electrical failure, a vehicle stall, or an electrical fire. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that drain needed to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 102014

X5

I was exiting a parking garage and hit a column, the airbag went off. I was transported to the hospital. I sustained a C1 neck fracture and an abrasion on my forehead. I was in a neck collar for 3 months with very limited activity and no driving. My car was declared a total loss. I am presently going to physical therapy 2-3 times per week for my neck.

- Cos Cob, CT, USA