2.6

2007 BMW X5 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW X5:

2007 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Jul 042012

X5 6-cyl

It was the night of independence day 2012, it had rained moderately hard earlier in the day. When I started my 2007 BMW X5 3.0si to drive home, I was greeted with a bunch of warnings and errors on both my instrument cluster and navigation display. The most major one read "electronic system malfunction: Take to nearest BMW center." The ABS light was also lit up. Since it was late at night, the dealership was closed and so I proceeded to try to drive home. On the drive home, I noticed that my A/C system shut itself off and that my turn signals were extremely laggy & at times, were not even turning on a real traffic hazard. Fortunately, I made it home, but turning the car off was tricky because each time, oddly, the lights inside the car and ambient lighting on different parts of the car were still lit even when I removed the keyfob and locked the car. Examples include the radio unit, the engine start button. The next morning, I took the car to the BMW dealership and they charged me $200+ just to perform diagnostics on the car. They ended up finding nothing and suggested that I pay more for them to take off the two front seats and inspect the wires under the carpet in the front of the car (I found out that this because they knew about NHTSA item #: 10032845 / service bulletin # sib-61-13-07). I declined because I did not want to spend any more money all for them to not be able to find anything again. As of July 28, 2012, the electrical issue still occurs after a moderate to heavy rainstorm. I believe (along with many BMW X5 owners with the same issue) that it has to do with a faulty drainage pipe relating to the panoramic moonroof, which allows for water to leak inside the car and screw up the car's wiring. Please do something. This is something BMW should be responsible for & repair at no cost. Why should I pay to resolve a design flaw that BMW made!??

- Bedford Hills, NY, USA