2007 BMW X5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW X5:

2007 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Feb 102016

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V071000 and 16V364000 (air bags), and 16V746000 (fuel system, gasoline). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jun 012016

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V364000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Scottsville, VA, USA

Mar 012016

X5

"takata recall" I received 2 letters from BMW re: Recalls for (1) driver's front air bag module, (2) passenger's front air bag module dated respectively, (1) March 2016 and (2) July 2016 and up till now, no definite dates when the parts would be available for in-shop repair.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Nov 202015

X5

Car had 56000 miles on it, at 99500 motor went, then air springs, parking brake, takata recall, when the transmission, vacuum pump, and how the recall on the fuel pump. Today the I drive went out in total myself and the warranty company have spend over 24000. Dollars on a car that per BMW is the ultimate driving machine, more like junk!!! and no parts in sight to repair the air bags or the fuel pump. I think a class action should be filed. I'm 58 years old not 18 I take good care of my cars. The car value on kelly blue book is only 12000. We need help to make BMW stand behind where quality not their hand in our back pockets, no car that cost $77500 in 2007 should have all these problems. A Ford or Chevy would do better. I've been told that BMW knew there was a problem with the 2007-2010 X5 with the 4.8 I engine and I drive but never made it good, just ask anyone that owned one. My last one I think Kia would hold up better!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way the car has 125200 now, I'm afraid to drive it, it just quits with no warning.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Feb 132013

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V045000 (service brakes), 16V364000 (air bags), 16V746000 (fuel system), and 16V071000 (air bags). The parts to do the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Channelview, TX, USA

Mar 132015

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V071000 (air bags) and 16V364000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

May 252016

X5

Im afraid of the risk this can cause, I have 2 kids, please help.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Nov 092016

X5

16V-071 : driver's air bag module recall - called bmx on lemmon ave in dallas, tx to have this replaced and they said the did not have the part nor know when they will have them. I wrote to BMW and they replied that they would not be available to do so until spring 2017.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 302016

X5

Takata recall. Contact has received three letters from manufacturer advising to contact dealer for an interim repair of the air bag inflator failure. Dealer was unaware of recall campaign no. 16V-071. Dealer says parts not available and cannot be ordered. Dealer says repair kit is issued specific to VIN and there is nothing to do but wait. Part has not failed yet but contact fears driving the vehicle due to risk of death or serious injury as described in recall investigation.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Jul 292016

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V071000 (air bags) and 16V364000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Metuchen, NJ, USA

Mar 262016

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Daily City, CA, USA

Mar 042016

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5 sav. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and the dealer indicated that the parts might not become available for approximately six months to a year. The dealer indicated that the manufacturer was only supplying 100 parts per month. The manufacturer was contacted and was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to repair the vehicle so the contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Calera, AL, USA

May 012014

X5 8-cyl

I have the same complaint that another owner made under NHTSA id number 10621394, pertaining to NHTSA campaign number 13V564000. In my case a repair shop has indicated that my vehicle's front passenger seat occupant detection mat is defective and probably should be covered by the recall. Unfortunately the recall only lists the 2006 BMW X5 as having the defective part. I believe the recall should be extended to include the 2007 BMW X5.

- Littleton, MA, USA

Jul 102014

X5

I was exiting a parking garage and hit a column, the airbag went off. I was transported to the hospital. I sustained a C1 neck fracture and an abrasion on my forehead. I was in a neck collar for 3 months with very limited activity and no driving. My car was declared a total loss. I am presently going to physical therapy 2-3 times per week for my neck.

- Cos Cob, CT, USA

Nov 012012

X5 6-cyl

In regard to NHTSA 13V-564, my 2007 BMW X5 has the same front passenger sensor/control module issue. A warning light comes on every time I start the car that says seat belt malfunction or seatbelt tension sensor malfunction. This must be a defect, as I have less that 40,000 miles and hardly ever have a passenger. The recall was issued in December 2013 and references up to 2006 BMW X5S as having the defective part. Can you please extend this recall to include 2007 BMW X5S? if you would like or need additional information, please let me know. Thank you.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Nov 092009

X5

The contact owns a 2007 BMW X5 MINIcooper. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph on normal road conditions with the cruise control activated. There was an unintended increase in acceleration. The vehicle failed to slow down when pressure was applied to the brake pedal. The gear was shifted into the "neutral" position. The vehicle crashed into a traffic signal pole. The air bag system failed to deploy with the level of impact. The driver sustained severe injuries. The police was called to the scene. There were body damages to the front passenger side of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to a collision center. The cause of failure has not been determined at this time. The failure mileage was 22,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Edmond , OK, USA