2010 BMW X5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW X5:

2010 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Feb 052016

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V071000 (air bags) and 16V746000 (fuel system, gasoline). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Wisconsin Dells, WI, USA

May 042016

X5

I am the owner of the BMW X5 2010 with sport seat, I hardly seat any passenger in there, and a couple months ago the passenger seat trigger the screen to show message of restrain airbag error on screen, however I though this have something to do with the airbag recall, I diagnose my car with my mechanic, the conclusion was the "seat mat sensor passenger defective", this car as your recall at the botton shows that was a previous recall with this type of seat "sport" same as I have, I call BMW, they said my car is not affected and they can not honor this recall, I hope you get more issues similar so your Agency looks into this. Report receipt date: Nov 12, 2013 NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 component(s): Air bags potential number of units affected: 76,565 manufacturer: BMW of North America, llc

- Staten Island, NY, USA

X5

The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 032016

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 162016

X5

Takata inflators/air bags - except for receiving a couple generic letters about the recall absolutely nothing seems to be happening to expediently resolve the issue. Seems like lawyers have done the paperwork to comply with recall but the process is in stall mode now and nothing is being done" it would be nice if there was some accountability to make some progress and the consumers are being informed and provided some actual proof this recall is going to be fixed within a reasonable timeframe. Given that most cars last 10 years typically before getting new one, how long is it reasonable to wait" I can tell you if BMW does not take action and responsibility to fix this recall soon... it will be my last BMW I purchase new or used. It just looks like a total lack of concern, lack of action, lack of accountability.

- Murphys, CA, USA

Jun 212016

X5

Called new century BMW. Talked to service manager, tony hawkins. He claims he can't fixed my car, parts unavailable. Asked what happens if I'm involved in an accident and due to failure of servicing the recall I or my family become seriously injured or it results to death... he said sorry, can't help. Asked what other options do I have, he said I have to find out the parts number that needs to be replaced. I told him I don't know anything about cars, nor parts number and where in the world would I find out the info. He said he can't help.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Mar 022016

X5 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and 16V364000 (air bags) and stated that the parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 97,626. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/06/16

- Caguas, PR, USA

Jun 022016

X5 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V364000 (air bags) and 16V071000 (air bags); however, the parts were unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 07/27/16 updated 08/01/16.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

X5

Takata recall...received letter informing that recalled takata airbags are on my car. I called dealer to get it fixed and was told they have no parts. I called main BMW corporate hq and was told they had nothing for me and offered no help. I explained that this makes me fearful since we live in high-humidity Texas (car came from Florida) and research indicates humidity may play a role in airbag failures. Both dealer and hq just said can't do anything. We're forced now to drive a dangerous car or get the bags turned off. Either way, they're playing russian roulette with our lives! want federal pressure on them to get on it to fix this problem. Surely, safe airbags can be manufactured by others besides takata. Whatever it takes, this is urgent to families driving these cars.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 072016

X5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags), however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Piedmont, CA, USA

Sep 082015

X5

The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. The contact stated that the air bag warning light and passenger restraint system indicators were illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer was notified of the failure. The contact stated that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Topsham, ME, USA

May 282015

X5

The contact owns a 2010 BMW X5. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. As a result, the contact sustained chest, neck, and arm injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Palisades Park, NJ, USA