3.4

2011 BMW X5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW X5:

2011 BMW X5 Owner Comments

Oct 172016

X5

Front drive shaft: I was on the road with my wife and 1year old son when a loud bang sound originated from underneath the car traveling at approximately 70 mph. I pulled over to the side luckily without causing any accidents and looked beneath it to find the drive shaft dangling below. I know there was a recall issued in this matter but it only applied to earlier models by a few months. Why is this happening at all when the car only has 80K miles?

- Renton, WA, USA

Nov 162015

X5

In 5 years since I bought this vehicle new, I have had to replace the air conditioner evaporator 4 times. The first three times were covered under warranty, and the last one I had to pay for out-of-pocket.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Aug 282015

X5

This car only has a little over 40K miles. Was driving long distance on freeway and slowly I notice strange noise coming from the wheel well area from inside the car. I jacked the car up and do a spin and turn out it is the bearing making noise. Can't believe this fails at such a low mileage. Will this affect the driveshaft or anything safety of the car at high speed. Please let me know if BMW has a recall for this. Thanks

- Rego Park, NY, USA

Feb 242015

X5

It feel like the car was vibrating while I was driving on the highway I took the exit so I can pull over and it started making clanking sound under the driver seat...when checked under the car drive shaft is missing screw as it came off and hitting the ground and car is not driveable...not sure what causes it. It could've killed us if I didn't exit as the highway was very busy and I am glad I pulled over. Reading on internet hong kong and europe have recall on this but I didn't see any recalls for this us...updated 06/01/16

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Oct 112010

X5 6-cyl

Can I get listing of any open recall campaign on 2011 BMW X5 35D manufactured on September 26, 2010. Thanks

- Herndon, VA, USA